Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
Geez, they didn't waste any time...

NOTAM Number : FDC 6/3156
Issue Date : October 11, 2006 at 19:22 UTC
Type : Security

Plain Language text is not available for this NOTAM. The traditional NOTAM text is given below:

FDC 6/3156 ZNY NY.. FLIGHT RESTRICTION NEW YORK, NY. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PURSUANT TO TITLE 14 CFR SECTION 99.7, SPECIAL SECURITY INSTRUCTIONS, ALL AIRCRAFT FLIGHT OPERATIONS ARE PROHIBITED. WITHIN A 1 NMR OF 404600N/0735712W OR THE LGA262003.7 UP TO AND INCLUDING 1500 FT AGL EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, UNLESS OTHERWISE AUTHORIZED BY ATC.
Other Information:
ARTCC: ZNY - New York Center
Authority: Title 14 CFR section 99.7

RotaryWingBob said:
WITHIN A 1 NMR OF 404600N/0735712W OR THE LGA262003.7 UP TO AND INCLUDING 1500 FT AGL

Looks like they're just trying to keep the sightseers away while they fight the fire. That area will be pretty crowded with news and police helos.

Just a 1 mile ring around the accident. So far, that's OK, they do it for other fire fighting ops

RotaryWingBob said:
Geez, they didn't waste any time...

NOTAM Number : FDC 6/3156
Issue Date : October 11, 2006 at 19:22 UTC
Type : Security

Plain Language text is not available for this NOTAM. The traditional NOTAM text is given below:

FDC 6/3156 ZNY NY.. FLIGHT RESTRICTION NEW YORK, NY. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PURSUANT TO TITLE 14 CFR SECTION 99.7, SPECIAL SECURITY INSTRUCTIONS, ALL AIRCRAFT FLIGHT OPERATIONS ARE PROHIBITED. WITHIN A 1 NMR OF 404600N/0735712W OR THE LGA262003.7 UP TO AND INCLUDING 1500 FT AGL EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, UNLESS OTHERWISE AUTHORIZED BY ATC.
Other Information:
ARTCC: ZNY - New York Center
Authority: Title 14 CFR section 99.7
That's the usual emergency handling TFR to keep the news choppers away from the fire crews.

How long before Daley starts grandstanding?

wsuffa said:
How long before Daley starts grandstanding?

He probably started within minutes of the plane hitting the building. We just have not heard him yet. The media is to busy telling everyone how dangerous GA aircraft are. It got so bad I had to turn the TV off.

Standard TFR. 1500' probably due to local approach/departure paths. Usually see 3000' AGL at most accident scenes.

Last edited:
Daley doesn't have to grandstand -- NORAD order the AWACS and fighters into the air over major cities all over the country within minutes -- even before CINCNORAD knew anything more than he heard on CNN's initial report (yes, that's exactly what he said on the radio -- he saw CNN report the crash and immediately ordered the fighters into the air without any further information).

Ron Levy said:
Daley doesn't have to grandstand -- NORAD order the AWACS and fighters into the air over major cities all over the country within minutes -- even before CINCNORAD knew anything more than he heard on CNN's initial report (yes, that's exactly what he said on the radio -- he saw CNN report the crash and immediately ordered the fighters into the air without any further information).

I believe the military doesn't want to get caught with its pants around their ankles again. I can understand their reaction. They didn't know what they were dealing with so they took precautions.

It is funny how all of us "living" pilots manage toi not hit 50 story buildings!
Maybe we should start watching out!

KT

Ron Levy said:

I think that's only prudent. Now if they went off and shot everybody down, that would be different. I can see a scramble over an unkown/unclear situation until things were sorted out. It's actually the kind of reaction I'd expect.

kthompson2k said:
It is funny how all of us "living" pilots manage toi not hit 50 story buildings!

KT

Yeah, but some dead pilots have hit 50 story buildings before....I think....

Henning said:
I think that's only prudent. Now if they went off and shot everybody down, that would be different. I can see a scramble over an unkown/unclear situation until things were sorted out. It's actually the kind of reaction I'd expect.

Absolutely!

kthompson2k said:

KT

Sorry,
I was in a real bad mood last night and it had been a 20 hour day to be capped off with the news that GA had taken another hit in the media, I had just listened to some reporter and a gov. spokes person say "this goes to show how GA aircraft and limited experience pilots should not be able to fly in cities"

I fly around Dallas all the time and have never come close to any large building, I guess it could happen but I can not visualize it.:no:

Kevin

Back