FAA address snafu?

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
I moved residences over 3 months ago, and timely changed my mailing address within 10 days of my move with the FAA. I checked online tonight and the correct address is in my Airman record.

Yet today in the mail I received a mailing from the FAA re: plans to modify Chicago's class Bravo airspace, MAILED TO MY OLD ADDRESS!

Is this a problem that I should be concerned about, or typical governmental incompetence? Has anyone else battled with this?

I'm confident that it's simply due to them having numerous address databases. Database management is a challenge for many large corporations. They keep the same information in 5...10...20 different places.

What Tim said; or, they'd already prepared the mailing and merge list and had sent it to the printing office before the database was updated with your new address. A copy of the original database, now out of sync.

I experienced the same for a month or so, then they caught up with the change.

I moved residences over 3 months ago, and timely changed my mailing address within 10 days of my move with the FAA. I checked online tonight and the correct address is in my Airman record.

Yet today in the mail I received a mailing from the FAA re: plans to modify Chicago's class Bravo airspace, MAILED TO MY OLD ADDRESS!

Is this a problem that I should be concerned about, or typical governmental incompetence? Has anyone else battled with this?
ORD does not want you to show up to the meeting to point out how illogical their new airspace design is. So of course they sent it to your old address.

Back