FAA 139 Fire Safety Training Available Online

A

acoulby

Aviation Fuel Handlers on Part 139 Certificated Airports are now able to complete the fire safety training required every 24 calendar months per 14 CFR 139.321 online through NATA's new 139 training site.

www.139firesafetytraining.com

I boo boo'd!

Last edited by a moderator:
If it looks like a duck, talks like a duck and walks like a duck, it must be a duck.... full of spam.

Besides, I'm not sure many here are a fan of the NATA.
http://www.nata.org/
National Athletic Trainers Association??

:D:D

or NATA

Founded in 1940, NATA aggressively promotes safety and the success of aviation service businesses through its advocacy efforts before government, the media and the public as well as by providing valuable programs and forums to further its members’ prosperity.

I don't know why you would assume that. NATA is more or less business aviation's version of AOPA.
Aren't they very pro-user fees and the adversary of AOPA on that issue. Or, do I have the alphabet names mixed up?

Aren't they very pro-user fees and the adversary of AOPA on that issue. Or, do I have the alphabet names mixed up?
Mixed up.
http://www.congressweb.com/cweb4/index.cfm?orgcode=nata&issue=9 said:
NATA Position
NATA is very supportive of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation and Committee on Finance agreement increasing the excise tax on jet fuel from 21.8 cents to 36 cents per gallon, instead of imposing a $25 per flight surcharge or "user fee," which NATA and other general aviation groups strongly opposed. In addition, NATA supports the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure bill, H.R. 2881, as well as the recommendations made to the Committee on Ways and Means to leave the current funding structure intact.
edit: Okay, Mara beat me to it, but then she probably already knew their address! :)

Oops. I'll correct my post above. So, who the heck am I thinking of? I know there was some alphabet out there in favor of user fees.
Well, there's the F.A.A. and the B.U.S.H. and the A.T.A. The latter is probably what you were thinking about.

Last edited:
Yeah, but that describes all of Congress from California! :D
Allegedly (by you). Regardless, they're not the ones either threatening to or with the ability to veto an FAA reauthorization bill that doesn't include user fees.

Allegedly (by you). Regardless, they're not the ones either threatening to or with the ability to veto an FAA reauthorization bill that doesn't include user fees.
Getting into SZ material but no matter how ya cut it, I'm opposed to user fees.

That is not SZ material. Aviation politics are ok in plain ole Hangar Talk. It is the non-aviation stuff that has to go into SZ.

I quote from the SZ description
Non-aviation related topics on Politics and Religion are automatically "Spin Zone" topics

Aviation related, so non-SZ. (That's why I made a point to mention the FAA funding reauthorization.) We're agreed, then, on user fees!:yes:

Aviation related, so non-SZ. (That's why I made a point to mention the FAA funding reauthorization.) We're agreed, then, on user fees!:yes:
I paid $125 to top off a 150 the other day when I flew to San Antonio and Austin for interviews. I figure I paid plenty for my use of services then considering the taxes included.

I apologize if my post seemed like spam. I just wanted to make everyone aware of this new site that satisfies the requirements of 14 CFR 139.321. We have priced it just high enough to hopefully pay for itself. It is meant to support the general aviation community and our members by providing this training directly from their FBOs. At NATA we get calls weekly from FBOs who realize they are required to have this certificate or they will be shut down, normally right after an FAA inspection. They are then frantically trying to attend the closest fire safety seminar. We hope that this new site eliminates this problem for all FBOs.

Also, if you are in the FBO industry and struggling to survive during the current economic downturn, maybe you should consider attending our, "How to Build a More Successful FBO - Seminar at Sea." We will address many topics including fuel margins. It is being held on a cruise to the Bahamas which before you say that it is too expensive, check out the pricing on it. It is a good bit cheaper than a land-based seminar at $340 a person for a 4-day, 3-night cruise which includes all meals, transportation to port, a cocktail party and even a $50 onboard credit. www.nata.aero/fbosuccess

And as a side note, NATA is strongly opposed to user fees. We have fought them everyway possible. At our "Day on the Hill" event this year for example we organized our members from across the country to speak to their congressman about this as well as several other key issues.

Regards,
Adam Coulby
www.nata.aero

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam, Please accept my apologies for mistaking the intentions of your post.

No worries, I would have thought the same thing. I hope this site helps. When FBOs call after having been inspected they normally have very little time to fix the situation which leaves me with very little I can do for them.

I checked out this site and it looks like a really good way to train my guys. We just started taking scheduled passenger service at my airport. Before we were not a 139 airport so this is new to us. It says that this site is FAA certified so I am guessing that I can have my guys take this training and be certified, correct? Also will all of my guys need to complete this course? It seems like a really great price for what is being offered. Please pardon my ignorance on this. Send me an email and let me know what I need to do to register for this training. My email is jking@jameskingmd.com

Thanks!

Back