F33 advice

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Found one that's been on market for about a year. Avionics are exactly what I want. Paint is ok, interior is good. Not an excessive amount of AF time. Price is ok. Problem is engine is zero time left on TBO. When you factor cost of OH price is $175k which is more than we can afford. Spoke to broker and I get the feeling the owner won't budge. Move on? Keep an eye on it? Try to circumvent broker? Broker wouldn't even take my name and number.

Found one that's been on market for about a year. Avionics are exactly what I want. Paint is ok, interior is good. Not an excessive amount of AF time. Price is ok. Problem is engine is zero time left on TBO. When you factor cost of OH price is $175k which is more than we can afford. Spoke to broker and I get the feeling the owner won't budge. Move on? Keep an eye on it? Try to circumvent broker? Broker wouldn't even take my name and number.

Move on.

Tell us more about what is you're trying to find and budget. Then we all can keep our eyes and ears open for some of the "off market" finds that are not yet advertised.

Mike,

I am Putting together a partnership at Chicago Exec. Will have a better idea of budget after a meeting mid month. One partner would like 5 seats (or 4 plus a small seat. For a child). We are moving toward a Bo. I am perhaps the weakest link. 200 hours, working on IR. I have flown 95 hours in last 10 months. There is one other slight possible partner who has less hours than me. other partners all have 500 hours plus. All are IR. one is ATP and CFII. We want better speed than an Arrow, can be less speed than a mooney Missile, lets say 150-160 KIAS? One door is fine. Want good stable XC craft. Must haves: low wing, IFR GPS pref WAAS, good AP with altitude hold. Prefer GPSS. Prefer NDH. Prefer well maintained plane, ie. oil changes not just at annual. Prefer plane that is hangared and flown fairly regularly. Interior not hugely important. Paint not hugely important but no corrosion on airframe. Decent compressions in engine, no metal in oil. Not necessarily low time wanted, but not timed out either unless the price reflects a huge discount.

Also, we want sellers that are no BS. We are reasonable guys, but don't want to waste time.

Move on.

My girl has a higher time engine, but not tooooo high. Still 3-5 years left before I should need anything engine related (knock on wood).

I just completed my purchase in late August, early Sept. So far things have been great, but I have to say, I am glad I have a additional 10% of the purchase price liquid and just sitting in my "airplane fund." I'm already eating into that some. Some of that for spruce up and TLC, but I also just discovered a prop issue...so I may need some of that if she needs a new prop or an OH.

Leave yourself some pad. 10% of purchase price is what they told me...and I am recommending that to you.

Move on.

My girl has a higher time engine, but not tooooo high. Still 3-5 years left before I should need anything engine related (knock on wood).

I just completed my purchase in late August, early Sept. So far things have been great, but I have to say, I am glad I have a additional 10% of the purchase price liquid and just sitting in my "airplane fund." I'm already eating into that some. Some of that for spruce up and TLC, but I also just discovered a prop issue...so I may need some of that if she needs a new prop or an OH.

Leave yourself some pad. 10% of purchase price is what they told me...and I am recommending that to you.

Thanks for the advice !:)

Back