Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dave B.
BD-5J microjet down

Air show pilot dies in crash
By Record Searchlight
June 27, 2006
Pilot Chuck Lischer, a Redding Air Show regular, was killed Tuesday when his single-seat plane crashed near Ocean City, Md.
Lischer, 61, of Cameron Park, was scheduled return to Redding to fly his F260 Warrior in this year’s show Sept. 30 and Oct. 1, according to show organizers.
Lischer’s plane crashed on approach to Ocean City Municipal Airport, The Associated Press reported. It wasn’t immediately known where the flight originated. The 1989 craft was considered an experimental plane, according to a spokesman for the Federal Aviation Administration.
Redding Air Show chairman Bill Wagner said organizers will likely schedule a replacement act.

Last edited:
Re: BD-5J microjet down

Dave Blackmon said:
Air show pilot dies in crash
By Record Searchlight
June 27, 2006
Pilot Chuck Lischer, a Redding Air Show regular, was killed Tuesday when his single-seat plane crashed near Ocean City, Md.
Lischer, 61, of Cameron Park, was scheduled return to Redding to fly his F260 Warrior in this year’s show Sept. 30 and Oct. 1, according to show organizers.
Lischer’s plane crashed on approach to Ocean City Municipal Airport, The Associated Press reported. It wasn’t immediately known where the flight originated. The 1989 craft was considered an experimental plane, according to a spokesman for the Federal Aviation Administration.
Redding Air Show chairman Bill Wagner said organizers will likely schedule a replacement act.

So he was flying the BD-5J Jet not the SF260? Sad either way. Where is Redding? They don't mean Reading, PA do they?

Ron Levy said:
A BD-5J was involved in the ADIZ flight tests conducted several days ago -- was this it?

..... seems to me I read, earlier today, that the BD-5J series -- because of the small size -- is used to simulate the appearance of a missile, and in the ADIZ tests. However, I don't recall that the piece tied this particular a/c to the tests.

HR

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 23AP Make/Model: EXP Description: ACROJET SPECIAL
Date: 06/27/2006 Time: 1440

Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: Fatal Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Destroyed

DESCRIPTION
ACFT CRASHED ON ATTEMPT TO LAND SHORT OF THE RUNWAY, THE ONE PERSON ON
BOARD WAS FATALLY INJURED, OCEAN CITY, MD

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 1
# Crew: 1 Fat: 1 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: METAR KOXB 271353Z AUTO 15007KT 110V170 7SM FEW024 23/21 A3013

OTHER DATA

Departed: Dep Date: Dep. Time:
Destination: Flt Plan: Wx Briefing:
Last Radio Cont:
Last Clearance:

FAA FSDO: BALTIMORE, MD (EA07) Entry date: 06/28/2006

Lawreston said:
..... seems to me I read, earlier today, that the BD-5J series -- because of the small size -- is used to simulate the appearance of a missile, and in the ADIZ tests. However, I don't recall that the piece tied this particular a/c to the tests.
Ain't many BD-5J's flying, and this one was pretty close to the test site a couple of days after the test -- that's why I asked the question.

Steve said:
ACFT CRASHED ON ATTEMPT TO LAND SHORT OF THE RUNWAY,
One suspects that they meant to say "ACFT CRASHED SHORT OF THE RUNWAY ON ATTEMPT TO LAND." I doubt the pilot was attempting to land short of the runway.

Back