F&M Oil Filters

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
Anybody have direct experience with the F&M oil filter adapters that replace the oil screen with a real filter? Especially experience with the O-470-L motors on the early 182s?

Absent negative reviews I think I'll pick up one at Oshkosh this year.

Thanks,

Jim

Yes, they are an excellent product. I prefer the one with out the hoses. but I've never seen a failure of the hoses.

Attachments

• HPIM0064.jpg
    HPIM0064.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 22
  • HPIM0065.jpg
    HPIM0065.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 23
  • oil filter.JPG
    oil filter.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 20
Yes, they are an excellent product. I prefer the one with out the hoses. but I've never seen a failure of the hoses.

I'm looking at the one that screws directly into the screen housing machined into the case. No hoses required.

Jim

Jim,

I had the "pistol grip" version installed on my bird shortly after buying my 182 in '04. No complaints at all.

Well, except that the A&P had to reroute the mixture cable as part of the install and failed to retighten the adel clamp that holds said cable to the carb.

About ten hours later I had a complete engine failure when the cable came out the back of that clamp and the mixture was pulled to idle cut-off.

That'll get your attention!!

Otherwise, I have no complaints. :)

Last edited:
Well, except that the A&P had to reroute the mixture cable as part of the install and failed to retighten the adel clamp that holds said cable to the carb.

About ten hours later I had a complete engine failure when the cable came out the back of that clamp and the mixture was pulled to idle cut-off.

. :)

Well...... That sucks...:yesnod:.. I hope you gave the A&P a really hard time over that idiotic move. :dunno::idea:

The very first mod to my C205's new engine.

Tip: Before installing; insure that they drilled all the through holes; well, through. A
buddy got one that was not ... it made a real mess.

Back