F. Hoopes ride a landing at CZK (Vid)

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
A while back I posted a video of a forget-me-not flight with an 80 year old x-pilot. If you remember he was a stroke victim in a care facility, that had a wish to take another airplane ride. Well, this is the second landing we made at Cascade Locks, on that flight. I wanted to give him another landing without doing it at the towered airport at TTD Troutdale. So we landed, taxied back and tookoff before we flew back and landed at TTD. The first tape was an edited version that the Oregon Health Care Organization did. This was a great flight for both Francis and his pilot. One of my most memorable flights of all time. Two employees from the care facility went along one to video and a nurse just in case. Go to www.youtube.com/skybobb and search: F. Hoopes ride landing at CZK. If someone wants to post the url, I can't seem to make it work. For those newbees that may have missed the first video search: His last wish an airplane ride. unless someone wants to post both urls. Enjoy. Bob

Thanks, I wish I was better with this computer stuff. I guess you just can't teach an old dog new tricks. Bob

Thanks, I wish I was better with this computer stuff. I guess you just can't teach an old dog new tricks. Bob
You're welcome. And, that's ok. I'm betting you could teach me a few tricks with your plane were we to ever meet. I'm hoping that can happen someday.

Bob, I don't want to make too big a deal about it, but you're alright.

A very nice favor for an old airman, and not a bad landing on his part... I've done worse with a lot less rust on me. :D

Bob you could really tell how happy and excited he was when you did the short field out of CZK. It was a real Mitzvah ( Good Deed) you did.

Thanks again guys. I enjoyed being able to do this. I would be afraid he would get someone that would just make a job out of it, if I hadn't of done it. Bob

... Says the "old dog" who edits flying videos and puts them on YouTube. :rofl:

Bob, you've got plenty of new tricks in your bag, and you've still got the good old tricks too! :yes:

Back