F/A18 in drink last night; two ok

Came from foxnews.com = obvious lies.
Glad those guys made it out alright. I can't imagine what it would be like to ride the seat out.

Came from foxnews.com = obvious lies.

1) This isn't Spin Zone

2) There was so little information in there, it's probably pretty accurate

2) There was so little information in there, it's probably pretty accurate

Funny, but true...they still mananged to mediaze it....I liked the insertion of the line about 'they have not recovered the aircraft' Of course not, it is in the ocean 85 miles off the coast!

Accurate....but silly.

I don't get the interest in the source or reporting quality?
Aviation board....thought there would be some interest in a flying object plunging into the ocean.

I don't get the interest in the source or reporting quality?
Aviation board....thought there would be some interest in a flying object plunging into the ocean.

Because it's Fox News, which has "fair and balanced" right in their logo, when they have admitted to being NOT fair and balanced, but thanks for the link. I always hesitate to click on anything with "fox news" or "christian science monitor" in the link, as both are oxymorons

Because it's Fox News, which has "fair and balanced" right in their logo, when they have admitted to being NOT fair and balanced,

No big surprise, the 'other side' when it comes to the news is just as bad but in the opposite direction. The media now has as its agenda to not simply bring us information but to change the direction of our country by twisting or deleting stories to change our political leanings.

I believe it is better to not tune out one side over the other, or it will simply bolster the beliefs you are already saddled with. Listen to as many sources as possible and over time you will get a better feel for what is really happening. I have 10 that I check regularly right now.
In any case, it is pretty hard to be devious when it comes to an initial report of an airplane down!

Local news report, nothing political:
SDNews

See, this report contains little deception does it?
ChristianFighterPilotNews

more liberal news like the nytimes, latimes, wapost do not even report it.

Knowing a news outlet's bias is a lot safer than not... Just sayin'...

Because it's Fox News, which has "fair and balanced" right in their logo, when they have admitted to being NOT fair and balanced, but thanks for the link. I always hesitate to click on anything with "fox news" or "christian science monitor" in the link, as both are oxymorons

No surprise, but the other side would focus their report on the jet's toxic waste impacts to the local sea lion population and make no mention of the pilots at all.

So what happens to pilots of fighter aircraft when they crash and survive?

If it was pilot error, are they allowed to fly again? Thats an expensive "whoops, my bad"

So what happens to pilots of fighter aircraft when they crash and survive?

If it was pilot error, are they allowed to fly again? Thats an expensive "whoops, my bad"

With the exception of midair collisions (which this was not), most of these sorts of accidents where the crew punches out tend to be the result of mechanical failure with the aircraft.

Don't they excommunicate you from The Corps if the Coast Guard rescues you? I thought that was worse than being gay...

Back