F-16 Fighter Jet - Crazy Unique Cockpit Video - Airventure 2018

That is one of the coolest flying videos I've ever seen! Thanks for posting. And it just get cooler the longer you watch.

It really makes you feel the skill involved. And it looks friggen scary!

One thing that stood out was how calm the pilot was during the flight. Especially on landing - he barely moved an inch. Just another boring day in the office, apparently...

Last edited:
Yeah buddy. Viper was and will always be my dream jet. I'll always lament not getting the opportunity to fly it. Timing and luck.

My back does thank me though. I'd probably be out of it by now at this point in my career. That canted seat and the JHMCS doesn't do one's neck any favors. Most of my 11F3H buddies are pretty tore up, barely in their late 30s early 40s. The side stick has tiny travels, that's why you don't see much contortion on the part of the pilot in making control inputs. All in all, I'll take it any day over that F-35 Thunderturkey POS. :eek::D

I'm pretty sure this is the ground view of the low-pass from about 2:47 in the original video. I'm a grown-a$$ man and I was giggling like a kid every pass he made.

Back