Extreme Makeover...Joplin build

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
The two-hour special of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" tomorrow night will be about the seven houses built in Joplin following the devastating tornado.

In this video is Dr. Bruce Dallman, Dean of the Technology Department at Pittsburg State University. Some of you met Bruce Dallman at our farm or at our Gaston's fly-ins. He is one of my Citabria buddies who used to fly a pretty red and white Citabria, which some of you may recall seeing.

Bruce is the man who helped me during my Oshkosh presentation when we couldn't find the remote to advance my slides. He was the guy sitting behind the podium up there on the stage with me, advancing the slides manually.

Anyway, there was a lot of good that happened following the destruction and devastation from the tornado, and this rebuilding project is a good example of people helping people.

Very cool! Not sure I'll be able to watch tomorrow, but will be sure to catch up as I'm able.
Quite an inspiration - and renews my faith in humanity, making life worth living. :)

Very cool! Not sure I'll be able to watch tomorrow, but will be sure to catch up as I'm able.
Quite an inspiration - and renews my faith in humanity, making life worth living. :)
:)

My favorite quote from the movie "Starman" (anybody remember that movie?) is when Jeff Bridges comments on the human race: "You are at your very best when things are worst."

I think all the materials and labor are donated for these projects. Lots of volunteers. I've never watched that show before, but the one tonight really hits close to home, so I'll be watching this one. I can barely stomach the news anymore, so this will be a positive reminder of how good people are.

BTW, Bruce Dallman also helped us out after the big ice storm several years ago. He just showed up at the farm with a friend and their chain saws. :)

A lot of people helped us after that ice storm, including many people here. We were fortunate to be on the receiving end of generous volunteers.

Back