Experience with Spectrum Flying Club In Daytona Beach FL?

Tweek

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
SeanS
Hey everyone,

I am narrowing down the locations that would work best for me to begin my PPL training and this one has stuck out. I would say it seems to be the best rates out of anything I can find nearby. Its actually a tad farther for me than other flight schools in my area but the prices are excellent. For example the C150 is $115/hr wet including instruction.

I plan on going to check it out this afternoon if I have time. Has anyone had any experience with this club? They have a Facebook page where a number of students have gotten their license recently. I live directly across from KSFB and there are a few clubs there as well. Just wanted to see if any of the Central Florida members and any info.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Where are you located? I belong to Orlando Club Flying based at KORL (Orlando Executive) and they are pretty cheap. C-172 for $70/tach hour dry. $50/hr instruction.

John

Where are you located? I belong to Orlando Club Flying based at KORL (Orlando Executive) and they are pretty cheap. C-172 for $70/tach hour dry. $50/hr instruction.

John

Thanks John. I live right across the street from SFB. Ill give them a look.

I've rented out of Air America FC in KDAB, they are pretty cheap as well with a very large list of instructors to choose from.

Just be prepared to be nr. 11 for taxi when Embry-Riddle is flying...

I went to riddle and never knew anyone to fly at Spectrum. Don't know why, nobody did. And I'd second Air America, they're a good place, lots of fleet to be able to get a plane when you need one.

Thanks guys! Ill check out both before getting set somewhere specific.

Back