Expect what kinda weather in this trough tmrw?

mikegreen

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
mike g.
Looking to fly down to Chattanooga area tmrw...

There is a trough that is hanging out there:
hpc_36_fcst.gif

I know there will be alot of moisture.. but what about the cloud deck? Is it a 1k ceiling and 2k tops? or with this kinda of weather is it going to be solid soup up to 10k?

thanks...

What time

This is a great use for Skew-T diagrams. Looks like about 3500MSL cloud base tops 10,000MSL at 12Z. Getting worse as day goes on, at 14Z Looks like 2000MSL bases and 10,000MSL tops.

So MVFR going to IFR later on.

Attachments

• CHA12UTC.gif
    CHA12UTC.gif
    29 KB · Views: 43
  • CHA14UTC.gif
    CHA14UTC.gif
    28.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Morning to noon time. Afternoon is thunderstorms forecast...

Thanks guys. I hadn't looked at the skew-t yet, but that tells a good story.

Scott, the nasty stuff inside is what I am worried about.. And flying in the rain, as the windshield sometimes leaks down onto the feet :-(

Right now the trip is up in the air (har har har), its a PNP trip with a lunch thrown in, and the doggies might not be ready.. we'll see! Wx is great in Dayton, just like fall!

-Mike

Our paths should cross tomorrow morning. PMH-BRY departing around 7:00 AM.

Just took a look at the guidance using my Internet Wx Brief Roadmap.

The more I used the Roadmap, the more I appreciate the convenience and how much easier it makes connecting the weather dots.

Well, the trip ended up getting canceled.. but not for weather.. it does look like I could have gotten down into MVFR in the mid morning... Given my somewhat new IFR ticket - I prefer not to fly to minimums in hilly/mt terrain yet :)
Thanks for the help.. got some resources to try next time (labor day weekend, actually).

Scott - went to the website today and it says : Site temporarily down for maintenance

-Mike

Back