EXP aircraft inspections

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Where do I find the proper verbiage for the yearly compliance inspection for a EXP home built. ?

Is there an AC?

Where do I find the proper verbiage for the yearly compliance inspection for a EXP home built. ?
Is there an AC?
It may be in your Op/Lims, or check the EAA website.
I forget where I got it, but here is what I use (made up labels with my plane's info)

I certify that a Condition Inspection has been performed on the [make and S/N], in accordance with the scope and details of FAR 43 Appendix D, and has been found to be in a safe and airworthy condition.

[Name and Repairman Certificate #]

It may be in your Op/Lims, or check the EAA website.
I forget where I got it, but here is what I use (made up labels with my plane's info)

I certify that a Condition Inspection has been performed on the [make and S/N], in accordance with the scope and details of FAR 43 Appendix D, and has been found to be in a safe and airworthy condition.

[Name and Repairman Certificate #]

EAA has nothing that I can find, I think your statement will work with mods, (make and serial number) is the "N" number and the "and has been found to be in a safe and airworthy condition." will read "in conformance with its letter of limitations"

EAA has nothing that I can find, I think your statement will work with mods, (make and serial number) is the "N" number and the "and has been found to be in a safe and airworthy condition." will read "in conformance with its letter of limitations"

This link:
http://www.eaa.org/bitsandpieces/articles/2008-11_inspection.asp

suggests this verbiage:

June 1, 2008; Annual Maintenance Inspection and all repairs carried out as per aircraft inspection check list attached. All work performed in accordance with AC 43.13B.

EDIT: Argh - that article seems to be directed toward Canadians but includes references to FAA regs. Not sure what to make of it.

Last edited:

Is there an AC?
No AC. The operating limitations specify what has to be done for the annual condition inspection. IIRC, mine says something like "Yearly condition inspection to the scope and breadth of Appendix D of Part 43." I'd just parrot that back. "Conditional inspection to the scope and breadth of Appendix D Part 43 completed this date."

Ron Wanttaja

Back