Exhaust overhaul

RangeRider

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
Was out with the family and experienced a hesitation with the engine upon adding power while landing. Un-cowled the plane today to have a look and found a significant crack in the number two exhaust riser. Not sure if this could have caused the problem but took it off and it will need repair.
O-360A1A Lycoming in my C175. My first thought is this is going to be expensive, any advise on who can do the work, and what kind of AMU’s I’m looking at?
Thanks, poor old pensioner.

http://www.dawleyaviation.com/ had them do a complete overhaul of my exhaust on my old Cherokee. I believe it was around 1 AMU. it looked really pretty too, it was to bad I had to cover it up in the cowl. They did good and turnaround was fast.

Wow, far less than I told the warden. I’ll give them a call in the morning.
Thanks,
Poor old guy

Just looked up my CC statement confirmed $906.49. Got 2 mufflers and 4 risers for my Lyco O-360. This was back in June 2016 from Dawley.

I've used Dawley in the past with good results, but the last few times I dealt with them (about 5 years ago) were a bit disappointing. The problems were mostly with turnaround time; they would give an estimate on how long they figured it would take and not even come close to meeting it. Things may have changed for the better though so I'd still say they're worth calling.

In more recent times I've been sending exhaust parts to Aerospace Welding Inc in Minnesota. They've done a good job for me so far.

3 thousand?
Yipes!
I was hoping I could tell the warden it was 3 thousand, spend 1 thousand, and buy a new saddle. You guys are depressing.
I paid $906 for my 4 banger lyco from dawley. Call them up Id be shocked if 3k!

I used Knisley for a complete new replacement of my Warrior's entire exhaust system, two mufflers and four risers. I used the existing shroud. $1358 back a few years. Very easy to work with. You might want to contact both companies for quotes.
https://knisleyexhaust.com/

Back