Every now and then.....

Keith Lane

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Keith Lane
I happened to look at what those talented spammers send out.....
I just had to laugh at what their text filler-upper program sent out to get past the spam filters.
An exerpt.

An incinerated stovepipe ruminates, because a line dancer pees on a fighter pilot defined by an apartment building. A ball bearing feels nagging remorse, and a radioactive buzzard goes to sleep; however, a feline squid learns a hard lesson from a sheriff. Now and then, the stovepipe related to another demon knows a somewhat fashionable cab driver. The cashier flies into a rage, but another bullfrog for the senator barely recognizes the lazily self-actualized hole puncher.
Most people believe that a chess board seeks a bartender about a cowboy, but they need to remember how almost a particle accelerator goes to sleep. A skyscraper finds subtle faults with the food stamp. Indeed, the molten satellite sells a photon inside an eggplant to an insurance agent. A hesitantly phony avocado pit single-handledly buries the load bearing warranty, and a fire hydrant graduates from a class action suit about a grain of sand.:goofy:

If these guys put half their talent into productive efforts, they'd make a pretty good living.

So, what is the point of these emails? Are they just looking for accounts that don't bounce the message so they can sell the list?

Chip, as I understand it, spam filters somehow look for text in an e-mail and if it "thinks" there is a real message there it passed it thru. My earthlink (at work) account filters out TONS of spam but these get thru more often than I like. This is one case where I really don't care if "big brother" scans my e-mail. I have a g-mail account and in two years I have not gotten 1 piece of spam.

Spam, a total waste of bandwidth in my opinion. But if people did not respond to it it would go away?

Informal poll:
Anybody here EVER bought something as a result of Spam??????

Gotta go check out how to create a poll now........

How do they make money on it? surely no one responds to such gliberish?

KT

kthompson2k said:
How do they make money on it? surely no one responds to such gliberish?

KT

I have never responded, nor bought anything from phone telemarketers either, but they all keep attempting to contact. It's a wierd, hungry world out there and it's going to to continue get wierder and hungrier.

Back