Even the Canadian Forces Snowbirds are Camping at Oshkosh!

FlyingElvii

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
flyingElvii
From Airshow News, this photo shows one of the two Snowbirds that arrived today, parked in Vintage Camping!
upload_2016-7-28_3-22-24.png

They even filled out the Vintage Aircraft Registration Form!
upload_2016-7-28_3-24-51.png

upload_2016-7-28_3-25-51.png

The Snowbirds are the best aerial demonstration team I've seen. This may put my US citizenship at risk, but I enjoyed their show more so than the Blue Angels and T-Birds.
You aren't alone in that opinion.

Given the age of the CT-114, parking in Vintage seems about right. :)
There's discussion up here about what they are going to replace them with, and lots of speculation the funding will be cut due to Defense budget constraints and that'll be the end of the team. :(

The Snowbirds are the best aerial demonstration team I've seen. This may put my US citizenship at risk, but I enjoyed their show more so than the Blue Angels and T-Birds.

Comparing them to the angles is a lot like comparing the T6s at Reno to the unlimited class.

2 pilots per plane, slower, much like Canada ;)

I've always been an angles fan.

I like Canada as much as most, the camping pictures are cool. They do benefit with military spending being a close neighbor to the U.S.. I see their % of GDP for military spending is less than a 1/3 ours, 1% verses 3.3%, 2015 numbers.

Yeah, maybe we could just stay home and say to heck with the rest of the world? But then other forces would fill the void.

Anyway, hopefully the weather allows them to do their thing in Oshkosh.

Given the age of the CT-114, parking in Vintage seems about right. :)
There's discussion up here about what they are going to replace them with, and lots of speculation the funding will be cut due to Defense budget constraints and that'll be the end of the team. :(

Maybe the USAF can pull some T-37 Tweets out of the Boneyard and transfer them to the RCAF, eh? Or maybe some USN T-2 Buckeyes?

Cheers

The Blue Angels going to transition to the F-18 Super Hornet, so their old model F-18s might be available. Already set up for airshowing, plus Canada flies the F-18 too.

Last edited:
Nice that HM Queen Elizabeth II has applied for EAA Membership.

I do like the "airbag" in the cockpit.

Cheers

Wait until you see the Red Arrows.

Wait until you see the Red Arrows.

Saw the Red Arrows years ago at Eglin AFB, but I still like the F-4s that the Blues and T-Birds flew back in the day. Big noisy fighter, loved it. Now the F-22 puts on a heck of a demo flight, awesome plane.

I remember being a freshly solo'd student pilot flying out of a sleepy rural Ontario field. I had just finished my run up and was making my way to the runway when I heard Snowbird One announce he was on final for a low and over. I replied that I was holding short. SB1 gave me a wing rock as he went by. Quite a thrill for a twenty-some hour student.

Saw the Red Arrows years ago at Eglin AFB, but I still like the F-4s that the Blues and T-Birds flew back in the day. Big noisy fighter, loved it. Now the F-22 puts on a heck of a demo flight, awesome plane.

First airshow I ever went to as a kid in the late '60s the Blue Angels were flying F4s. Even thought they had to fly a pretty large pattern, never lost site of the solos because those mothers had "airshow smoke" coming off those engines all the time :)

Comparing them to the angles is a lot like comparing the T6s at Reno to the unlimited class.

2 pilots per plane, slower, much like Canada ;)

I've always been an angles fan.

Sort of like comparing a Cessna 140 with a BD5J. Two seats, slow, gotta wheel at the wrong end, can't imagine any useful precision skills coming from spending time in one of those, eh :D :cool:

I've seen the angles do A4's, F4's and F18's. There is somthing about the shape of the A4's that makes them my favorite. They seem "tighter" in formation and solo.

hqdefault.jpg

Back