ER visit, 30 day Holter test, 1st Class Med question

• Thread starter Worried about future
  • Start date
W

Worried about future

BLUF: Went to the ER 2 years ago for rapid heart rate after overdoing it. Issue self resolved, no meds received but discharged with SVT diagnosis. Seen by family Dr. and referred to cardiologist. Took a 30 day Holter test with clean results. Now trying for 1st Class Medical.

Long version -

I was unloading my broken Jeep from the back of a car hauler when I realized that I'm not a spring chicken anymore. Pulled this and a couple other cars out of my parents house so we could sell it and was operating on no sleep and living on coffee to clear 60 years of "stuff" in a couple of weekends. Mom was moved to memory care and other stressors were present.

Heart started racing, felt sick to the stomach but that was about it.

Wife's dad died at my age (late 40's) of a heart attack so she is freaking out and getting me more riled up in the process. Head off to the ER where they hook me up to everything that buzzes and beeps.

Sip a little water, tell a few jokes and bang, everything is back to normal and I am discharged feeling great. Head off to see family doc, take the 30 day test and receive my results.

High heart rate of 163 (mowed grass, jogged with kids on school track, etc.)
Minimum heart rate of 44 (normal variant for my age)
Findings: Clinically inconsequential PAC and PVC burden.

Reviewing some of the other threads has me worried that I won't be ready for my medical at the end of the month and I'm looking for advice.

My thoughts:
1. Was I diagnosed with SVT? - I believe the ER diagnosis was enough to make that a yes.
2. Did the cardiologist's clean bill of health overturn that diagnosis? - I hope yes but have been around the feds long enough to know they may feel differently.
3. Am I stressing too much? - Probably. Never needed meds, no follow up with either Dr. suggested.
4. Should I go BasicMed instead while working through this? Might be a good option.

I am only going 1st Class to apply for a cadet program and don't need it yet. Soon would be great but I can wait. I still need to finish my CPL and can do that under BasicMed.

Thoughts?

Do basic med for now. Consult with a Senior AME who works with hard cases. Figure it what it will take to get the 1st Class and do not apply until all those ducks are in a row. I suspect it's not going to be as difficult as your worried about, but choosing the correct AME is important.

“But was discharged with SVT diagnosis….”
Holter monitor
Echo
Cardiologist…"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back