English Research Paper (X-Posted)

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
For my English Composition class (English 101), I have a research paper that I need to start working on. The teacher has given us carte blanche on topics to an extent. Rather than telling us what we CAN do the paper on, she has given us a list of topics we CAN'T do the paper on. I want to do this on GA being a scapegoat for security, since this is supposed to be an argumentative essay. Anyone have any ideas on a more defined topic that is not quite as broad as just "Should GA be a scapegoat for problems inherent in Airline Security"?

How about how the airlines want user fees imposed on GA activities and why their argument for it is full of merde? That has a greater potential for killing GA as we know it, imho.

Those user fees would make quite a topic, I'm hoping to write a paper on them next.
I'm not sure exactly how they would effect us, and the FAA has been pretty sketchy about the details yet. I did take a look at the NAV Canada site, and if I'm using the calculator correctly on their site, only large GA aircraft would pay user fees, and by large I mean heavier than a C340. I guess there is a flat annual tax for all AC, but I'm not sure how much fuel tax Cananda has to off set that. I'm not sure that I'm against charging business jets for their use of the airspace, if smaller planes keep being able to use it for the prices we already pay.
Sorry for the thread creep.

Oh and if its an english class, why not write a newspapery article on a local crusty GA airport? Might involve no more research than a trip out to the airport, which would be fun.

Back