Engine Monitor for TR182 w/ O540

petrolero

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
petrolero
Turbonorm'd 6 cyl. I want an engine monitor. I don't have a FI engine so that GAMI, LOP stuff doesn't really apply to my motor.

I want to monitor as much as mechanically possible as frequently as possible and store as much of it as possible. :D

So with that in mind, what am I in for above the price of the box? I have heard these things are labor-intensive installs, but tell me your experience.

Also, do I get to keep analog instruments or notsamuch?

Last edited:
http://buy-ei.com/portfolio/cgr-30p-overview/

This is what I put in my plane. Besides the price, what I really liked was that it fit in my tach hole. It was easy to install and has plenty of options to choose from. I can't really say about the install cost. We were reinstalling my overhauled engine, which made it a bit easier to install. My mechanic only charged me an extra $300 over the priced quoted to remove and reinstall my engine.

Last edited:
http://buy-ei.com/portfolio/cgr-30p-overview/

This is what I put in my plane. Besides the price, what I really liked was that it fit in my tach hole. It was easy to install and has plenty of options to choose from. I can't really say about the install cost. We were reinstalling my overhauled engine, which made it a bit easier to install. My mechanic only charged me an extra $300 over the priced quoted to remove and reinstall my engine.

Wow only $300! That would definitely be the best time to install a monitor tho.

Thanks for reminding me about that one. I had looked at it but forgot.

There are some larger format displays that fit in a 3 1/8" hole also if I recall.

Turbonorm'd 6 cyl. I want an engine monitor. I don't have a FI engine so that GAMI, LOP stuff doesn't really apply to my motor.

I want to monitor as much as mechanically possible as frequently as possible and store as much of it as possible. :D

So with that in mind, what am I in for above the price of the box? I have heard these things are labor-intensive installs, but tell me your experience.

Also, do I get to keep analog instruments or notsamuch?

Some of the panel displays are certified as primary instrumentation to replace the analog stuff, some are not. I bet you'll be surprised that your engine will actually run LOP pretty well.

I installed a UGB-16 in my 182 about 12 years ago. It took me about 16 hours and that included actually reading the installation manual since I'd never installed one before.

An A&P friend "oversaw" and signed off.

Back