Engine failure(s)

Teller1900

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
I am a dad!
This was a rough week, had an engine failure on Sunday, then again on Monday. They were both right at V1 (the worst possible time) on climb out from Kennedy. Not to mention the emergency descent on Sunday night and the steep turns both days.

Recurrent sim training sucks! :hairraise::rofl:

I feel your pain. Reminds me of when my two right engines failed in the 747 on climb-out from LAX. Luckily, I was able to swing things back around and land again.....

.... just after the sim instructor re-started the right two on final. :)

So you just shut the other one off and land straight ahead, right?

:D

I knew this was odd 'cause I did not see it plastered all over the news with the headline "Hundreds of passengers nearly killed!"

This was a rough week, had an engine failure on Sunday, then again on Monday. They were both right at V1 (the worst possible time) on climb out from Kennedy. Not to mention the emergency descent on Sunday night and the steep turns both days.
Recurrent sim training sucks! :hairraise::rofl:

Teller,
We need to talk to your sim instructor, he's letting you get by easy. Actually an engine cut just after rotation could be a lot harder (especially in a light twin like a 767), you need some of those. And some upset recoveries, going inverted inside the marker.....

I feel your pain. Reminds me of when my two right engines failed in the 747 on climb-out from LAX. Luckily, I was able to swing things back around and land again.....

.... just after the sim instructor re-started the right two on final. :)

The quick-start function is great, isn't it!

So you just shut the other one off and land straight ahead, right?

:D

Actually, sometimes on our single engine approach they'll give us a fire indication on the good engine to see if we just do the memory items (and turn into a 17,000lb glider) or actually think about what's going on.

I knew this was odd 'cause I did not see it plastered all over the news with the headline "Hundreds of passengers nearly killed!"

Sad part is, that'd be the headline despite the fact that we can only carry 19 if for no other reason than eyewitness Bill-joe-jean-bob felt like him and everyone else in the terminal were in peril because they don't understand that planes can actually fly "sideways," and don't fall out of the sky when the engine quits.

Larryo said:
Teller,
We need to talk to your sim instructor, he's letting you get by easy. Actually an engine cut just after rotation could be a lot harder (especially in a light twin like a 767), you need some of those. And some upset recoveries, going inverted inside the marker.....

I'd be happy to try, but the question is...would I get reverse sensing (we have an HSI)? What if it's on a back course? What if it's the other engine that's off????

smigaldi said:
No, recurrent is a lifesaver, doing it for real SUX! :target:
I just got that, good one. Maybe I should suggest we practice steering with only differential power :eek:.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back