Endorsments

Darrell111

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Darrell111
I was trying to find a site that listed all the endorsemtns needed for student , pp, and anything else i would need for my CFI lisense.

I found this site but im not sure if its current. I also could not find them on the FAA's website.

http://www.pilotinformation.com/endorsements.asp

Thanks in advance
Darrell

The requirements should all be in part 61 of 14 CFR.

Unless you are looking for the actual wording of the endorsements. That can be found in one of the Advisory Circulars, but I'm afraid I can't remember which one.

Joe Williams said:
The requirements should all be in part 61 of 14 CFR.

Unless you are looking for the actual wording of the endorsements. That can be found in one of the Advisory Circulars, but I'm afraid I can't remember which one.

Ya just the wording for all the endorsements. I have to have them for my oral plus of course my students as well. They are not written down in the Far/aims ..

Darrell111 said:
Ya just the wording for all the endorsements. I have to have them for my oral plus of course my students as well. They are not written down in the Far/aims ..

If memory serves the are in the back of the FAA Flight Instructor Handbook and also look at this web page http://www.pilotinformation.com/endorsements.asp

Best source for that is AC 61-65E. You would do well to print out the Appendix with the actual endorsements and keep it in your CFI notebook. Note that this is a recent update of AC 61-65D -- if you haven't got the new one, you need it.

Ron Levy said:
Best source for that is AC 61-65E. You would do well to print out the Appendix with the actual endorsements and keep it in your CFI notebook. Note that this is a recent update of AC 61-65D -- if you haven't got the new one, you need it.

This is perfect Ron thank you!!!

Not perfect. Close, but not perfect.

I've had DPEs refuse the recommended endorsement for practical tests, simply because it doesn't comply with FAR 61.39, including the phrase:

"...has received and logged training time within 60 days in preparation for the practical test..."

...even though it's clearly logged in the front part of the logbook.

Basically, they want to see 61.39(6) (i) (ii) & (iii) almost verbatim in the endorsement.

rcaligan said:
I've had DPEs refuse the recommended endorsement for practical tests, simply because it doesn't comply with FAR 61.39, including the phrase:

"...has received and logged training time within 60 days in preparation for the practical test..."

...even though it's clearly logged in the front part of the logbook.

Basically, they want to see 61.39(a)(6) (i) (ii) & (iii) almost verbatim in the endorsement.
Interesting. However, I think those DPE's are wrong, since the AC 61-65 endorsement references regs that require that test prep training. For example, 61.109(a)(4) requires 3 hours of flight training in preparation for the test within 60 days prior, and the AC 61-65-recommended endorsement says the applicant "received the required training in accordance with sections 61.107 and 61.109." [emphasis added] If a DPE refuses to accept an AFS-800-approved endorsement out of AC 61-65, I would suggest you bring that to the attention of the FSDO that oversees that DPE.

Last edited:
Back