End of September ConUS Challenge Update

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Our first full month at the ConUS Challenge is complete. A big thank you and a "Good Job" to everyone that participated. Here are the stats for the month:

Total airports claimed: 250 out of 4720
September airports claimed: 161

In first place with claims is still Barb, who now has 87 claimed airports!!! Go Barb!
In second place is JRitt with 23, followed closely by Mike Schneider with 18.

Good job guys! Lets keep it going (I plan on contributing this month. Yay!)

SkyHog said:
...(I plan on contributing this month. Yay!)

The best news here yet!

Well Nick i claimed 2 yesterday(not sure ifthat was in your count) N47-Pottstown Muni , and N10 Perkiomen Valley.
Dave G.:blueplane:

I've got 3-4 students ready for Airport Hopping so I'll try to get them signed up and hit differnet, unclaimed airports. That should give us at least 15 more in the next 2 weeks.

Joe

Shipoke said:
Well Nick i claimed 2 yesterday(not sure ifthat was in your count) N47-Pottstown Muni , and N10 Perkiomen Valley.
Dave G.:blueplane:

Yep, I counted them. Good claims too - I love seeing Young Eagles stuff!

I claimed my first one yesterday. More to follow!

Great - another awesome feature by Chip that I had not noticed gives me the ability to show the following attachment. Claimed airports in visual form:

Attachments

• usmap.JPG
    usmap.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 49
Aw man, I'm not in 2nd place any more. :(

I do have two to claim that I haven't submitted yet (photos still on camera and phone).

Time to go flying! :yes:

Oh, and I will personally guarantee that every airport in Wisconsin will be claimed by the end of the challenge. As long as I can convince someone to claim MSN! :yes:

Last edited:
There is a pretty good blob blocking off Georgia from South Florida, too. :yes:
Michigan is an easy state to fly in. I don't think I've flown much over 100 miles from home yet. Got'ta get the grass strips in before it snows (next week?:eek: )

Barb

One Short said:
Got'ta get the grass strips in before it snows (next week?:eek: )

I've been thinking about this for a while now... I think we need a way to search non-paved strips that aren't claimed because we'll have to have all of them done by about this time next year to complete the challenge.

Back