End of November ConUS Challenge Update (VERY LATE)

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Sorry it took so long, but school is over, so I can do this now:

Total airports claimed for the month: 177
Top four claimers for the month:
Peter Yee (20)
Scott Migaldi (18)
Barb Miller (17)
Joe Pinzone (16)

That's right - someone claimed more airports than Barb last month (2 people, in fact!). Good job getting out there guys!

More stats:
Number of States Visited: 42/48
State with most visited: Michigan (153)
State with least visited: Idaho, Maine, Nevada, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia (0)
Bravo Airports: 6/35 (Claimed: KPHX, KMSY, KMSP, KCLE, KDAL, KHOU)

More to come later. This was a good month!

Sorry it took so long, but school is over, so I can do this now:

Total airports claimed for the month: 177
Top four claimers for the month:
Peter Yee (20)
Scott Migaldi (18)
Barb Miller (17)
Joe Pinzone (16)

That's right - someone claimed more airports than Barb last month (2 people, in fact!). Good job getting out there guys!

More stats:
Number of States Visited: 42/48
State with most visited: Michigan (153)
State with least visited: Idaho, Maine, Nevada, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia (0)
Bravo Airports: 6/35 (Claimed: KPHX, KMSY, KMSP, KCLE, KDAL, KHOU)

More to come later. This was a good month!

And one more that was landed at in Nov.... but had technical difficulties with the actual claim (I'll get-r-done tonight)

Missa

I haven't claimed any airports in way too long.

I've hardly flown in way too long. :( One city tour for a couple of kids on Thanksgiving and four trips around thte pattern the other day has been it for me since the midwest fly-in. A weak end for what was otherwise a very adventurous flying year for me.

There are 35 Bravos? I thought it was only 30. :dunno: Very cool that we've gotten so many! Edit: Aha. There are 30 Bravo airspaces, but 35 Bravo airports, I'm guessing. DAL (Love) and HOU (Hobby) aren't the main airports but are still Bravo at the surface. DFW and IAH are the biggies in those respective areas. Looking at that airspace, I'm kinda surprised MDW is only class C.

BTW, will there be a way to show all the grass fields that haven't been claimed? We'll need to get those taken care of before the snow flies next year, so it'd be good if we can somehow limit a search to unpaved fields.

Has the challenge been publicized any more than on webboards and podcasts? I'd hope AOPA would mention it in the mags, and maybe AvWeb could do a blurb...

Last edited:
BTW, will there be a way to show all the grass fields that haven't been claimed? We'll need to get those taken care of before the snow flies next year, so it'd be good if we can somehow limit a search to unpaved fields.
Unknown. I'm pulling some of these stats the hard way, by searching the records manually. I may find a way to do the grass thing.

Has the challenge been publicized any more than on webboards and podcasts? I'd hope AOPA would mention it in the mags, and maybe AvWeb could do a blurb...

I tried to send info to AOPA people, but they never got back to me, so for now, yeah, its all word of mouth and Webboards and podcasts.

I tried to send info to AOPA people, but they never got back to me, so for now, yeah, its all word of mouth and Webboards and podcasts.
Well, we are landing at the airports to claim them, right? Why not walk into the FBO and post one of these on the bulletin board? Feel free to edit the style and content as you wish.

-Skip

Attachments

• claimed.doc
    371 KB · Views: 27
.... I may find a way to do the grass thing.
...I tried to send info to AOPA people, but they never got back to me, so for now, yeah, its all word of mouth and Webboards and podcasts.

I'll bet if you get an EAA friend to write up an article with pictures (or join EAA yourself, althought I do not thing that is a requirement to write for the mag), they might put in in the EAA Sport Aviation magazine. To me they seem to encourage the general public to get in and have fun with flying more than AOPA. It might be more of a hook if anyone in the challenge was flying with classic or homebuilt or even ultralight aircraft, too, but not necessary. Getting the infor out to EAA Chapters would be a great way of spreading the news and participation. (Not that EAA members on this board may have already done that.)

Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there. I hope to be able to participate in something like this one of these years.

It might be more of a hook if anyone in the challenge was flying with classic or homebuilt or even ultralight aircraft, too, but not necessary.

Define Classic???? Barb the uber pilot's TriPacer is sure close to a Classic, if it's not defined as one yet.

Missa

Oh Missa, you'll have a handfull! LOL! :D

I'm really tempted to hit the "bad post" button on you... I can't figure out how but this somehow has to be a violation of the RoC! It's at least a violation of good taste! :yes:

Missa

Back