Embry-Riddle Will Stay . . . .

That's neat there's some commitment of use of the facilities. But, I have to wonder how much flight training their gonna get done during some particular months of the year.

Ya think there might be class dedicated to cold-start procedures? :)

That's neat there's some commitment of use of the facilities. But, I have to wonder how much flight training their gonna get done during some particular months of the year.

:eek:) While you were posting I was searching for the photo for my post. I don't know much about the ERAU operation up here; my first CFI was on staff there.

HR

Last edited:

Well, I'll bet that their instrument students will get to log some actual! :yes:

cant be much colder or worse winter weather than UND faces up north.

I doubt there students will get any actual, if their insurance company has anything to say about it.

Well, I'll bet that their instrument students will get to log some actual! :yes:

Well, we'll have one hell of tower to process the flight plans. The govmink built a brand new ATC facility(replacement) which is now just off to the right of the right-most runway of the photo I posted(the photo is older than the new tower). The new tower was vacant for a year before the systems were moved from the old tower. In the same time frame million$ were spent upgrading Navy housing, plus a huge new hangar was built to hold the planes that would replace the P3-C Orions(new planes not even built, yet); and shortly after that came the announcement that the Base would be closed in 2011. Go figure!!

HR (Oh; the FAA already has dibs to maintain ownership of the new tower)

That's awesome, that's a great lookin' airport!

Attachments

• IMG_3604.JPG
    IMG_3604.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 17

An expanded description of the story in a later newspaper indicated that there is "no flight instruction" at the Brunswick facility. Actual flight instruction is only at Florida and Arizona facilities. The Brunswick facility deals in other aeronautic education(aviation mechanics, meteorology, etc.).

HR

Back