Electronics International

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
I just want to let everyone know that I will forever be a fan of this company. I have three installed EI monitors/gauges in my airplane and have the fourth in my hangar but not yet installed. The latest one is what put them over the top as far as customer service is concerned. @Dave Arata would you please go pat Blake Bye on the back for me? I'm assuming Blake is a guy but it doesn't really matter. Blake answered my questions via email promptly and I had a lot of them. After I'd received shipment of my CGR30P I had a question of whether the fuel flow would show up next to the RPM on the main screen. He informed me that because of the other parameters I'd chosen, it would not. He then went through and told me that if I was willing to get rid of a couple of the parameters, I could have the unit reconfigured to show fuel flow where I wanted it. I asked how much it would cost and he said $295. I told him that's what I wanted and offhandedly made the comment of "so much for my rebate." Blake took it upon himself and asked management if they could reconfigure the unit at no charge since it was a misunderstanding. They said yes. Although the "misunderstanding" was all on my part, Electronics International is going above and beyond.

This is what makes a great company and keeps customers coming back. I just wanted to let this forum know that there are still companies that care about customer service and EI is tops in my book.

Last edited:
Consider it done! Thank you very much for your continued advocacy! Blake is a great guy and we are thrilled to have him on the team. :)

I put a UBG-16 in my 182-RG back in 2002. It was the first major upgrade I made after purchase. There was a problem with (I think) the data recorder about 8 years later. EI was johnny-on-the-spot to get it working again. I think they sent me a new data recorder. And I'm pretty at no charge (at least I can't find any transaction in Quicken).

I would recommend EI products without hesitation.

Dave has done great by me. I ordered new fuel senders and he walked me through reprogramming my MVP-50. Made everything nice and easy. Very responsive conmpany.

Upgrades through the Spring and Summer, I have dealt with Hartzell Plane Power, Skytech, Uavionix, a new oil filter adaptor, and an EI ammeter. EI, in terms of clear representation and support material was outstanding of any of these.

We're going to have to start designing props, HSIs, alternators and ADS-B options, as well! :) Thank you all for sharing your positive experiences and kind words!

Upgrades through the Spring and Summer, I have dealt with Hartzell Plane Power, Skytech, Uavionix, a new oil filter adaptor, and an EI ammeter. EI, in terms of clear representation and support material was outstanding of any of these.

The VA-1A volt/amp meter was my first EI purchase which replaced the original ammeter in my Cherokee. Twice now since installation, has that yellow discharge light saved me from losing my radios because of an alternator issue. I've since replaced the alternator and wiring.

The VA-1A volt/amp meter was my first EI purchase which replaced the original ammeter in my Cherokee. Twice now since installation, has that yellow discharge light saved me from losing my radios because of an alternator issue. I've since replaced the alternator and wiring.
The VA-1 is not the sexiest upgrade, and the $400 hurt my feelings at first, but zero regret, per your experience too. When you go in and see all that current going through a Stewart Warner tractor ammeter, dried up little black bushings between you and a massive dead short, it is flipping scary. The VA-1 with the shunt mounted the other side of the firewall is the only way to go.

Heck yeah! I sent them an email which was essentially the same post I dropped in here to see if they can make an educated guess as to the channel mapping of my UBG-16 data that gets housed by my MUX-8A. Normally I would want to upgrade this as part of my formal Tomahawk Modernization & Maintenance Reduction Program! But heck no, it does exactly what I need, and from what I'm told will still be measuring the cylinders and exhaust as the last of the barrels corrodes away in 240 years! I love these guys!!

Heck yeah! I sent them an email which was essentially the same post I dropped in here to see if they can make an educated guess as to the channel mapping of my UBG-16 data that gets housed by my MUX-8A. Normally I would want to upgrade this as part of my formal Tomahawk Modernization & Maintenance Reduction Program! But heck no, it does exactly what I need, and from what I'm told will still be measuring the cylinders and exhaust as the last of the barrels corrodes away in 240 years! I love these guys!!
Cheers to your Tomahawk! In 1983, O5C, through the course of my solo and primary training, the 5 or so C150s were joined by 2 Traumahawks. My instructor checked me out, with the obligatory “ it’s a little squirrelly on takeoff” I didn’t know for squirrelly! Club rate was $24 an hour! My mechanic says, subsequently one of them shed the right side gear on takeoff. They seemed modern and spacious to me. Imagine renting a 5 year old bird these days for cheap..

I have their super clock and the VA-1 , both great products and havent failed me yet

I've also had excellent support from the guys at EI. I bought my 2007 Super Decathlon second-hand - it was originally fitted with EI gauges at the factory and still had a few bugs when I bought it in 2012 - they helped me identify the problems so easily.

A couple of years ago I upgraded to an MVP-50P. The local installers were simply incompetent and messed me around so much however Dave and the guys at EI sorted things out and I am very happy with the unit. I have told the factory that it should be a standard fit on new airplanes.

Attachments

• IMG_6727.jpg
    IMG_6727.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 20
Don't know that I would say bulletproof. I got a DOA probe with my CGR-30P but they replaced it.

We're going to have to start designing props, HSIs, alternators and ADS-B options, as well! :) Thank you all for sharing your positive experiences and kind words!

Dave, why not start with something super simple like a modern replacement for the MUX-8A? I know, not very sexy, but there are thousands of us out there with them that would love to upgrade.

Thanks,

C.

Dave, why not start with something super simple like a modern replacement for the MUX-8A? I know, not very sexy, but there are thousands of us out there with them that would love to upgrade.

Thanks,

C.
Stay tuned...

I don't have any EI products installed in my plane but I also have nothing bad to say about them.

Has anyone with an a/p installed the extended baggage compartment in a 182? I am wondering whether there would be an interference with the servos.

Also, I can't get the strut down. I changed the nosewheel tire and put two cases of oil on the stab. Now the strut won't come down. I try pulling down on the front and lifting on the back, and it still looks like a tail dragger.

I don't think anything was overfilled or over pressurized because it worked fine before, and I didn't do anything to the strut.

Stay tuned...

Consider by breath officially bated...

I have various EI products installed in my airplane, although none are gauges.

I have to say I love my new EI fuel senders. I fueled up yesterday and the MVP-50 was only .1 off what I put in the tank.

I bought my 2007 Super Decathlon second-hand - it was originally fitted with EI gauges at the factory and still had a few bugs when I bought it in 2012 - they helped me identify the problems so easily.

A couple of years ago I upgraded to an MVP-50P. The local installers were simply incompetent and messed me around so much ...

Timely post for me ... I'm currently looking at options to upgrade the gauge setup in my 78 Super Decathlon. Main goal is to get rid of the mechanical fuel and oil pressure gauges and associated pressurized lines into the cockpit. Secondary goal is add fuel flow and 4 cylinder EGT/CHT. Any aircraft-specific issues you ran into that might be of interest?

Your ASI markings confused me until I realized they were in knots. Primary scale for mine is mph.

Any aircraft-specific issues you ran into that might be of interest?
Mine already had EI sensors so logical to stick with the same brand but you could consider the same gear that is now fitted by ACA.
We made a new instrument panel section as the holes were totally different. I'm very happy with the MVP-50P although I considered a pair of the CGR-30P and I'm sure they would've been fine.

Our Pitts has a dual ASI with both kts and mph - so we look at the mph in it as the numbers are bigger. Our new rules allow whatever units the airplane came with but years ago they all had to be changed to kts. First time I visited the USA and flew an airplane I was confused as no-one thought to point out the mph.

Back