Electronic strip searches at our nation's airports

poadeleted3

Pattern Altitude
I wish I could think Americans weren't going to let this happen, but they will. We are a nation of cowards. People will say "it's worth any price to keep us safe," "Well, I don't really like it, but if it keeps bombs off planes..." What a load of horse dung. It is revolting that an official in an American government is able to talk freely of requiring Americans to submit to the prying eyes of strangers, to effectively require us to strip down, without being summarily fired. This nation is no longer free, is no longer made up of the same quality of people that led us to greatness. Our government is made up of oppressors, not representatives. In another thread Ed worries about our future. He has cause. Americans have lost their way. We are spoiled, scared, and weak. We will be replaced as a culture, just as all other failed experiments have disappeared throughout history. We must put an end to this nonsense. Armed revolt is inevitable if this trend continues. There are still some people here who remember what we are supposed to be, and we won't fade away. A free people should never tolerate even the thought of their government requiring strip searches for free travel, whether or electronic or not.

http://news.com.com/Airport+screeners+could+see+X-rated+X-rays/2100-7348_3-5718163.html

Ever since we screamed "YES KEEP US SAFE" after 9/11, the entire gov't has gone insane. More and more bills and laws are coming through that limit or remove privacy and basic rights. If the gov't wants to tap your phone line, they may not have to go through a judicial order. If they want to detain you for questioning (indefinitely), they can by labelling you a "potential threat". Now they're saying if you want to fly, you'll need to submit to this. Now I'm all for safety, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I can guarantee there is a way to get the same results without this kind of blatant disregard for privacy. Hell, the machine could probably pick out the two objects and notify the worker where on the body they were without ever displaying an image (all it would have to 'look' for is black spots).

From a medical standpoint I just wonder what exactly kinda radiation are you being exposed to, and what's gonna happen to the frequent flyer as a result?

Back