EKG

U

Unregistered

Went in for a polygraph and was told things looked goofy (subsequently everything was okay with the test). Went in for a physical and told my doctor the "people" said something looked goofy with my heartrate. She hooked me up to an in-office EKG and lied down on the bed thing, she ended up saying everything looked good. Do I need to tell the AME about this or just let it go? I'm sure there's an ICD code attached to it so insurance would pay

Other than being nervous as He!!, no symptoms. I have a feeling they said what they did only as "part" of the employment process. I'm being a little vague due to the sensitivity. The problem is that I said something to my physician, who subsequently did a test.

I passed with no issue for all the voyuers.

I think this is nothing. there certainly is no "have you EVER been diagnosed with...." as in there was no diagnosis here!

Went in for a polygraph and was told things looked goofy....
'

A polygraph is not a medical exam. Its a tool to get you to admit things you ordinarily would not. You have three outcomes on a polygraph: non-deceptive, inconclusive, or guilt by admission. The first two are opinions of the operator. There is a reason they are not admissible in court.

I've had three polygraphs in my life. Never reported any of them to the FAA.

'

A polygraph is not a medical exam. Its a tool to get you to admit things you ordinarily would not. You have three outcomes on a polygraph: non-deceptive, inconclusive, or guilt by admission. The first two are opinions of the operator. There is a reason they are not admissible in court.

I've had three polygraphs in my life. Never reported any of them to the FAA.

I think the OP is worried about the EKG and not the polygraph.

Paul you are correct. I believe the "polygraphist" was using his tools of interrogation; however, I naively took his opinion that something looked different with my heart rate, blood pressure amplitude, etc. so, taking charge of my health I told my physician at my physical. I do understand he is not a cardiologist and the science is debatable; but was concerned about what the FAA might think of the EKG versus what the Intelligence Community thought of it. BTW, I had one "inconclusive" and one "non-deceptive" (after the first one), again for those voyeurs.

Paul you are correct. I believe the "polygraphist" was using his tools of interrogation; however, I naively took his opinion that something looked different with my heart rate, blood pressure amplitude, etc. so, taking charge of my health I told my physician at my physical. I do understand he is not a cardiologist and the science is debatable; but was concerned about what the FAA might think of the EKG versus what the Intelligence Community thought of it. BTW, I had one "inconclusive" and one "non-deceptive" (after the first one), again for those voyeurs.

I would assume that the EKG would be reportable like any other clinical visit but given the lack of any diagnosis it shouldn't be any different that reporting you had a routine physical or treatment for a sore throat. Sounds to me like your polygraph administrator is a wannabe doc but probably didn't stay at HI.

I would assume that the EKG would be reportable like any other clinical visit but given the lack of any diagnosis it shouldn't be any different that reporting you had a routine physical or treatment for a sore throat. Sounds to me like your polygraph administrator is a wannabe doc but probably didn't stay at HI.

I routinely get EKG's.. annually, while being symptom free. I dont report it. I dont have a heart history, BUT my dad and his dad both died young, and both sides of the family have vascular disease. I consider it one aspect of screening. Nothing more, nothing less.

And if anything else, if for some reason after 40, when its required for my FAA medical, I can show a series of EKG's going years back, with no change, if for some reason someone wants to look at it as "odd".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back