EI UBG-16 Channel Mapping to MUX-8A

Pete Lehmann

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Tomahawk- Pete
Hey Yo's:

So the Tomahawk I purchased came with what at the time of the demo flight and when I took delivery was simple noted as "OK, one of those engine gauges that all the old dudes used to get hyper focused on and always talk about". I had never been taught how to use them, taught my students, or bothered with the features of the VM1000 in the Liberty XL-2 I sold because there was really no point, it was a FADEC poorly controlled engine, no red handle thingy.

Fast forward, I'm now a devout disciple of the Reverend Mike Busch, as his philosophies on MANY things are shared by me. And whom amongst us doesn't want some delicious confirmation bias from time to time???

Anyway, suffice to say, I am trying to learn and use and leverage the EI UBG-16 Engine Monitor which luckily for me included a MUX-8A Data Recorder, JUST LIKE MIKE WANTED IT TO!!! I love the UBG-16 like a fat kid loves cake, but it is showing it's age (16-pin Serial connector????). One of the characteristics of that age is the lack of capability for the channels to be named, ya know, so ya don't forget. They were supposed to include them in the logbook entry, but nothing was found. The MUX-8A had actually never had the data pulled before, so it goes all the way back to 2006! Anyway, does anyone else with a 4 cylinder with a UBG-16 and MUX-8A who actually does know what channels are mapped to what, just to contrast and compare. I'll drop a screenshot of the mapping I've done based on conjecture and hope that the installer who failed to record the channel maps who have at least mapped them in order according to cylinder #. I know, optimistically naïve.

I cannot do this alone, but together, we can MAYBE DO IT IF WE GUESS REAL GOOD!!!!!!

Oh, and yeah, I'm aware of the #2 cylinder cooking, #4, it's bunk-mate is warm as well. I found a baffle seal breach that hopefully will do some good when I repair it this weekend.

THANKS YO'S!!!

Pete

Attachments

• Engine Data Spreedsheet Capture.JPG
    Engine Data Spreedsheet Capture.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 14
Back