EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
MVP50P runs $5398 for a 6cyl certified
JPI EDM900 runs $7800 for a 6cyl certified

Why would I fork out an extra $2400 for a JPI

Note: JPI dropped their price $1000 on the EDM900 after the MVP got STC'd - that there is reason for me not to get a JPI. Rape the public until there is competition, real nice.

Note: JPI dropped their price $1000 on the EDM900 after the MVP got STC'd - that there is reason for me not to get a JPI. Rape the public until there is competition, real nice.
It's called "charging what the market will bear", and is the basis for the economic system in the US.

It's called "charging what the market will bear", and is the basis for the economic system in the US.

I guess we just run our business a bit different. Make it a fair price regardless of competition. And guess what, when competition does end up trying to get it, our customers realize they were already getting a better price - and guess who is loyal for a long long time?

In 20 years we've lost maybe 3 customers (not including those that closed shop), and none of that was of our doing.

Makes me want to dump the JPI700 I have now just on principle.

I flew with an MVP50P recently -- a lot more powerful tool than my EDM-930. Perhaps if it had been available when I did my panel, I might have gone with it.

I flew with an MVP50P recently -- a lot more powerful tool than my EDM-930.

How so, Ron? Judging by all the pretty marketing pictures, they all look about equal. In my personal opinion, the EDM930 layout looks easier to read at a glance than the MVP.

How so, Ron? Judging by all the pretty marketing pictures, they all look about equal. In my personal opinion, the EDM930 layout looks easier to read at a glance than the MVP.
That's true, but the MVP has a lot more features loaded in. The plane I was in had a Chelton 2-tube system with the normal engine parameters on the Chelton as well as the MVP. On second thought, based on ease or reading, the MVP may be the better choice when you have something like that Chelton package, but maybe not if it's your only engine parameters display, as it is in my Tiger.

Back