edit msg, change title, different results

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
So, I edit a message and change a stupid typo in the title. See "American Champion..." in Hangar Talk. I changed "Citabrita" to "Citabria" in my message and my message shows the correction, but "Recent Activity" shows the misspelling. Is it because there's a response which inherited my typo, and that's what the recent activity query is finding?

I added a reply to the edited message, thinking that the recent activity search would then see the corrected title from a new message...no change. Looks like "Recent Activity" caches the thread title?
wow, tried to post this and got the following error... maybe I had better quit while I still have an o/s up and running!
---------------------------------------------------
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/content/c/h/a/chaeberle/html/includes/functions_newpost.php on line 421
---------------------------------------------------
will try a refresh and post again

The error you saw was a result of my tinkering with anonymous posting and unrelated to your initial issue.

With the Recent Activity query - are you refreshing the query? Or are you hitting "Recent Activity" again for a new search?

Greebo said:
The error you saw was a result of my tinkering with anonymous posting and unrelated to your initial issue.

With the Recent Activity query - are you refreshing the query? Or are you hitting "Recent Activity" again for a new search?
Just using the "Recent Activity" button up there...
^
| wellll, sorta up there

^
/

click into Hangar talk, the thread title has the typo, but my message title was edited. Looks like Thread Title gets picked up from the first message in the thread and doesn't change regardless of edits on the first message.
Code:
SQL> update threads set title = 
         (select title from message 
          where message_number=1)
        where title like '%Citabrita'
         and forum = 'Hangar Talk';
SQL>commit;

I could run that sql...but I could also just go in through "Thread Tools" and edit the thread title myself. :)

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you Greg - I've been neck deep in the "Anon posting" changes. :)

At the top of the thread - see if you have the "Edit Thread" option in thread tools - I think you should...

Thanks - it certainly wasn't anything of any importance, just a small personal embarassment... "Stupid geek, can't even spell Citabria!" :)

Back