Ed: Is this the new apporach into 6Y9??

SkyHog said:
.........Do I win?
[ I added the dots, so it now becomes a derivative piece of intellectual work.]

no, you don't win. Sorry! ......
but you do have one chance, at our Ten Million Dollar Consolation Prize.......

it's " FAT ".:D :D :D :blowingkisses:

But your answer, is with the consensus.....:yes:

Last edited:
I should mention that Ed added about another 150 feet of runway useable for takeoff which made all the difference in the world last time I was there. I at least managed to get airspeed into the white arc before I pulled up over the trees this time! :yes:

It's amazing, that little extra bit has turned :hairraise: :eek: into :D :goofy: :yes:

flyingcheesehead said:
I should mention that Ed added about another 150 feet of runway useable for takeoff which made all the difference in the world last time I was there. I at least managed to get airspeed into the white arc before I pulled up over the trees this time! :yes:

It's amazing, that little extra bit has turned :hairraise: :eek: into :D :goofy: :yes:

When we were there for the opening there was the fresh seeded stuff that was real soft that we could not land on but I started my take off roll on, is there 150 feet more behind that now too??

Ed just keeps making that place better and better!

Oh, there's more than that even. The soft seeded area is now fully usable. East of that is 200 feet that was mowed, and usable for take off. And another 600 feet has been tilled and should be usable in the spring. The 200ft plus 600ft is beyond the cones, but I use the 200ft anyway for t/o roll. If you

Last edited:
smigaldi said:
When we were there for the opening there was the fresh seeded stuff that was real soft that we could not land on but I started my take off roll on, is there 150 feet more behind that now too??

Yes. Plus, the soft stuff ain't so soft any more. :)

Ed just keeps making that place better and better![/QUOTE]

Yup! I can't wait for the next trip.

Mini-anecdote from the first trip up there (the grand reopening): After doing the cookout, giving kids rides, going four-wheeling in the woods, etc. we took the four-wheelers down to the bar and grill that's a couple of blocks (or across town ;)) from the field. Someone (mighta been me :D) said something to the effect of "there's still a little bit of useable daylight... Let's go fly again!"

So, off went the four-wheelers back to the airport. Ed and Nick piled into N2212R, Jesse and myself into N271G. It was pure, joyful flying for no reason other than to just get up in the air. The spontaneity just made it that much better: One minute we were about to pack it in for a night on the ground and five minutes later we were riding our trusty aluminum steeds through the crisp, clear air above thick, lush forests and mirror-still lakes, choosing a random path through the sky.

We all know how much we value the relative ease of flying ourselves versus the airlines, and this just took the convenience and enjoyment to a whole new level: We were literally 20 seconds away from the airport when we decided to go fly, the planes were pretty much preflighted and just needed a quick check of the oil, and it's kind of difficult to call for a preflight briefing when there's no cell service and no landlines around either. Just look skyward, check the oil, buckle in, and lift off.

After a little while, the sun's descent triggered the need to do our own, and we headed back for one last trip around the pattern to descend into the shadows as the last rays of sun left the sky.

It doesn't get much better than that. :no:

Back