Eclipse AD

Following a windshear encounter on final approach, the pilot applied full throttle using enough force
against the forward stops to exceed the design throttle position signal maximum range. The
associated fault mode held the engine thrust settings at the last known throttle position, which was
maximum.
Following the balked landing, the pilot elected to shutdown one engine. Upon shutdown of one
engine, the opposite engine thrust reduced to idle and was unresponsive to subsequent throttle lever
movement. The pilot was able to land the aircraft with no injury or substantial damage, although both
main tires were blown during the event.

Fella on the Beech Board pointed out there was a shortage of toilet paper in the local area after the crew landed safely <g>

Best,

Dave

I've come to the conclusion recently that if your airplane is really a computer it better be a well-designed one. :eek:

I am amazed at hearing of such a problem, and it's hard to imagine being the pilots encountering such a situation. My capitan repeatedly tells me "throttles are your friends." Apparantly that doesn't apply to Eclipse jets. :mad:

Hmmmm. Dave, didn't we discuss the possibility of exactly this when we had lunch at Stillwater?

Back