E6B: CX-2 vs Sportys

Humpty

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Humpty
Ok, just want a short simple answer to this question. This is aimed at pilots who have used both.

CX-2 or Sportys for PPL exam?

Please just give me a simple answer without telling me about the wheel. If you want to talk about the wheel, save the typing for somewhere else. Also, don't tell me I'm wasting money for either of them, just a simple one or 2 sentence answer will do.

As for apps, have what I need. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the short, simple answer. Can you elaborate the reason?

I personally preferred the menu layout and keyboard structure, makes calculations quick and efficient IMO

CX-2 is ancient and somewhat braindead but more than you need to take any FAA exam.
I've got one in the drawer here for that purpose. On the odd cases where I need to do some calculation in flight, I use an E6 app on my iPhone.

CX-2 works for me on exams, but iPhone app even easier when not in exams.

Ok, just want a short simple answer to this question. This is aimed at pilots who have used both.

CX-2 or Sportys for PPL exam?

Please just give me a simple answer without telling me about the wheel. If you want to talk about the wheel, save the typing for somewhere else. Also, don't tell me I'm wasting money for either of them, just a simple one or 2 sentence answer will do.

As for apps, have what I need. Thanks in advance.

If you don't want a wheel, any calculator or piece of paper will do. This is simple multiplication and division for the most part. The cross wind component calculator is more complex. Buy the cheapest one that will get you through your training, because you'll almost never use it after.

Back