Dynon acquires AFS

masloki

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Nunya
http://dynonavionics.com/docs/news_AFS-Acquisition_22July2013.html

Hmmm, very rare indeed to see two business run separately and a manufacturing takeover be the efficiency. I take the 18 -24 month window for when they want to realize some more efficiencies. Especially when the business compete. The only course change was AFS dropping a partnership with TruTrak.

http://dynonavionics.com/docs/news_AFS-Acquisition_22July2013.html

Hmmm, very rare indeed to see two business run separately and a manufacturing takeover be the efficiency. I take the 18 -24 month window for when they want to realize some more efficiencies. Especially when the business compete. The only course change was AFS dropping a partnership with TruTrak.

I currently have an AFS touch screen panel on order (request).

My bet is AFS will now spend their energy integrating all Dynon components from Dynon like Mode S, auto pilots, coms, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Garmin going experimental has and will shaken up the avionics world forever. A brilliant marketing and business move on their part.

I love my Dynon, and Cheltons, but when I upgrade to ADSB I will go Garmin.

The same, but separate.. It will be interesting to see how this pans out with two companies that are direct competitors saying they are working together now.

I just hope they don't kill their relationship with Trutrak.

I found that G3x comes out to be more expensive when you start to think about a more complete panel upgrade. Even more so if you already have Trutrak and don't want to swap out your mode C transponder for ADS-B.

I just hope they don't kill their relationship with Trutrak.

I found that G3x comes out to be more expensive when you start to think about a more complete panel upgrade. Even more so if you already have Trutrak and don't want to swap out your mode C transponder for ADS-B.

From the link to the Dynon page:
Q: What about the previously-announced collaboration between AFS and TruTrak?
A: AFS will continue to support TruTrak autopilots. However, a joint ATS venture will not be moving forward.

Back