Dumb TFR Question

teethdoc

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
teethdoc
Excuse the ignorance, but here goes: When flying into Orlando VFR with flight following, if ATC vectors you through the Disney TFR, does that mean you are clear, or you are responsible to stay out of it?

"THE RESTRICTIONS DO NOT APPLY TO; THOSE AIRCRAFT AUTHORIZED BY AND IN CONTACT WITH ATC FOR OPERATIONAL OR SAFETY OF FLIGHT PURPOSES"

This is from the FAA website, but does FF constitute "in contact."

"THE RESTRICTIONS DO NOT APPLY TO; THOSE AIRCRAFT AUTHORIZED BY AND IN CONTACT WITH ATC FOR OPERATIONAL OR SAFETY OF FLIGHT PURPOSES"

This is from the FAA website, but does FF constitute "in contact."

Yes. Using FF whenever in unfamiliar territory will keep you from getting an NCAA football bust as well for stadium TFR's.

Yes. Using FF whenever in unfamiliar territory will keep you from getting an NCAA football bust as well for stadium TFR's.

Vfr flight following is workload permitting. I would NOT rely on ATC to avoid busting TFRs.

I'm not relying on them, I just want to make sure that if they tell me to go through it, I'm not responsible to point out to them it will take me through a tfr.

Excuse the ignorance, but here goes: When flying into Orlando VFR with flight following, if ATC vectors you through the Disney TFR, does that mean you are clear, or you are responsible to stay out of it?

When ATC vectors you through, no problem.

The Mickey TFR is more about preventing banner tows than anything else.

Mickey likes to control all advertising on their property, and because they own a Congresscritter or two, they get control over the airspace too.

I'm not relying on them, I just want to make sure that if they tell me to go through it, I'm not responsible to point out to them it will take me through a tfr.
You are correct -- once they say "radar contact," the monkey's on their back.

Back