DUI/DWI Student Pilot Medical

tampa66323

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Anthony
I've been poking around the forums all week and have to thank everyone for such a great site. I've been learning all week but wanted to post this and see what the consensus is.

I am 32 years old and have around 4.6 hours of training for my private so far. 10 years ago I received a DUI/DWI and blew a .18. I have not had any infractions since this incident other than a red light camera in August of 2013. The actual DUI happened 8/2005 but the driving record shows it as 1/2006 because of all the court dates.

I've pulled together my court documents from back in 2005 and have 2 character reference letters from my last and current employers stating I have never been late or exhibited signs of dependency or being intoxicated on the job. I also have my full driving record printed showing the DUI and Red light Camera and no other infractions.

In the court documents it shows that I completed a substance abuse evaluation and treatment but since it was 10 years ago I cannot find the actual piece of paper. In fact I think I sent it to the state when that happened?

Anyways, I'm wondering what I can expect when I go to do my 3rd class medical and what else I may want to have ready. Also, is there any benefit to waiting or is the situation simply what it is?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

You will more then likely hear from Oklahoma City!

You will need the documents from the "substance abuse evaluation and treatment" that you had and a current evaluation to date. A copy of the arrest/investigation report and all court docs. You will also have to write a letter explaining all past, present and future alcohol abuse. Your driving record from the past ten years, and if that doesn't satisfied them they will request that you see a psychiatrist.

How do I know this you ask? Because I'm dealing with them now over two DUI's from my past. One in 1983 and another in 1988.

Last edited:
You asked this question over on the red board and DocBruce gave you the official word. Your character references mean nothing. Follow his instructions on what you need, especially the part about who you go for your psychological assessments.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back