Dubois, WY - front page news

ejensen

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Eric Jensen
Had a fly-in last weekend to Dubois, WY. 11 planes and 25 people. Love the small towns. Folks all town over knew we were coming. A couple of town council members had dinner with us. Got this note/picture from the newspaper editor.

Mr. Jensen,
I took this photo of you taking off from Dubois Sunday morning with the canine audience in the forefront. It ran on our front page today. My daughter LOVED sitting in your plane. Thanks for letting her do that.
Thanks for coming to Dubois and hope you all come back.
Christine Smith
Publisher/Editor
Dubois Frontier
Dubois, Wyoming
307-455-2525

Attachments

• Dubois_TO.jpg
    Dubois_TO.jpg
    747.7 KB · Views: 49
Good for you Eric. Those small town fly-ins are great.

Up in Sidnaw you sometime feel like a celebrity as a pilot on Labor Day during the fly-ins!

Arrrgh! Eric, you taking off down-wind there, Matey? That there dog be blowin' down! Or avast, he be leanin' into a good blow then? Argghhh!

Naw, upwind (but uphill) for sure. Lucky it's on a bench south of the river so you can turn down stream even on the uphill up canyon takeoff. They don't call it the Wind River for nothing, 0830 and it already breezy, 10G15.

The dog was pointing the way as a good dog should.:)

BTW, on a hill just south there is an old airway beacon. Couldn't find on the old charts so might be one of those run by the state in the 50/60s. Don't need no stinkin' GPS.

Small world - I've been to Dubois, albeit a long time ago - probably in the 1970s. At least back then it was pronounced "dooboys", and not a frenchy-sounding pronunciation. A long time friend of my dad had a family ranch out there. There was a bar in town that had elk antler slices as coasters.

At least back then it was pronounced "dooboys", and not a frenchy-sounding pronunciation.

Still is if you live there or know better. Elk and moose antlers everywhere. Several of the motels have corrals so you can clean up after the pack trip.

That picture says it all, that's what this is all about, huh?

--Matt Rogers

Back