DST reminder

Let'sgoflying! said:
GMT-5 here.
Oh, you missed church already; its too late.

That's actually exactly what happened. We were sitting here eating breakfast and getting ready to go when I noticed the computer and digital cable thingy had changed times. We missed communion :( Can't believe we forgot to set the clocks forward.

On the way home yesterday from an audition my 16 y.o. was musing about today..".I'l bet they'll be a few who get up late to work tomorrow......."

Last night my 16 y.o. and I were discussing how she was going to get to work this AM. Seems the Toyota Camry was trashed in a parking lot accident (ours was parked, nobody in it). I said she needs the key for my car, found her one, put it on the table. Then I said, "I'm not getting up at 0600, you gonna be OK?" to which she says, "I'm perfectly capable of getting up at 6:30!".

20 minutes later I ask her, "what time dows your clock say?". Sez she, "10:00". I sez, "That's no good 'cuase you'll be getting up at 7:30 for your 7:00 shift". She goes, "oh, wow, thanks" and changes her clock.

Sigh.

At 12:05 AM, our town had a complete power failure; lasting for 1 1/2 hours (I know this because every piece of electronics HAD to tell me; both the beginning and the end). That solved the problem of EDT for me. The only thing working right was the battery alarm for work this AM.

Back