Dry rate for a Piper Arrow?

Katamarino

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Katamarino
I've been offered a lease on an Arrow. 10 hour/month minimum (suits me, I fly more), and I cover insurance, hangar, and routine maintenance.

What would people expect to pay as an hourly dry rate, this considered? I feel like their asking price is way over the odds but would be interested to hear from people with more experience. It's a 70s model with decent paint/interior and a 430W.

I would guess,120 to 140 an hour dry.

Considering that you're required to pay insurance, hangar, routine maintenance, plus fuel, i would put a ball park for my liking in the 130-140 operation per hour cost.

Thanks guys, 130 to 140/hr total is exactly what I was thinking too. They are indeed still rather too high, then...

A nearby airport rents an older Arrow for $125 wet. It's a great deal!

If you have to cover $50/HR in fuel (approx) plus hangar ($25/HR at 250/mo) and insurance and some maintenance I'd say like $100 dry depending on the equipment and condition. We rent the Skylane RG all in for under $200. There's no way a mid 70s arrow is worth $200/HR. Maybe on the east coast or the Bay Area but not where I fly. $130 dry would be well over $200 once you add that other stuff.

Near where I live there are three arrows for rent:

Turbo Arrow IV - $249 / hr wet
Arrow II - $153 / hr wet (with $150 membership paid annually)
Arrow I - $159 / hr wet (no membership required)

Needless to say I don't rent the turbo arrow. I fly the Arrow II.

The club Arrow where I am now is $124 wet (70s aircraft with new interior and 430W). Other similar options are available for about $135 wet.

if it helps, I rent a '69 PA28-200 for $158 wet. 430, AP/AH.

Before the engine died on the arrow ii around here, it was about 160 wet. It had a 430.

Since you are paying directly for the gas, oil, maintenance, parking, and insurance; I would be looking at somewhere between $50 and $65 per hour dry for the lease == at least for an R-200

If the hourly charge is in addition to all those bills, I'd say something like $10-$20/hour into the engine/maintenance reserve. You are already paying all the costs, what more does the guy want from you?

Near where I live there are three arrows for rent:

Turbo Arrow IV - $249 / hr wet
Arrow II - $153 / hr wet (with $150 membership paid annually)
Arrow I - $159 / hr wet (no membership required)

Needless to say I don't rent the turbo arrow. I fly the Arrow II.

250hr for a arrow?! You can wet rate rent a twin for that!

I'd say a dry rate on a arrow, you having to pay for everything, unless this is a absolute head turner with every good mod known to man on it, $100 and change a hr

250hr for a arrow?! You can wet rate rent a twin for that!

@James331 yeah I know. There's a reason it sits on the ground more than it flies. The school that rents it also rents a Seneca for $359/ hr. There's another school on the field that rents a Seminole for $319/ hr wet or a Baron for $200 / hr dry.

It's NOT cheap to fly down here...

Personally I think it's all these rich retirees that can't sell their planes for 3 times what they are worth so they put it on a leaseback for some stupid crazy amount.

Back