Dropped Charlene off at the paint shop this morning!

How fast do you cruise in the 421?

David, I use 185 knots for flight planning, that's usually the minimum speed I cruise at. In the mid to upper teens, 200 knots, maybe 205 depending on weight. ;) I fly at 1800 RPM and 31 inches which is 63-65% power and about 40-42 GPH.

Beautiful bird! I love the look of those pressureized twin Cessnas with tip tanks.

How does one become a lobbyist?
Can I do that? :)
I was just kidding, I am a Ford dealer.
Here's an updated picture of my girl!
DSCN0978.jpg

I was just kidding, I am a Ford dealer.
Here's an updated picture of my girl!
DSCN0978.jpg

I thought PoA had a policy on showing nude pictures! Did you not read the policy agreement before you posted? :)

Since you are going through this process and I am thinking about it, does it make sense to do your interior first or do the exterior first if you are on a two stage budget? I plan on replacing the glass as well.

Walking through the shop this afternoon I noticed that five of the nine twin Cessnas were white/red paint jobs. Most had grey or black as the primary accent color.

Walking through the shop this afternoon I noticed that five of the nine twin Cessnas were white/red paint jobs. Most had grey or black as the primary accent color.

Our 310 is white/red/grey, but it's got a sporty look about it. Fits since the 310 is like my sports car in feel. John's will have a sharp look, but less sporty. Fits since the 421 is a more luxurious ride (even though they're still fun to fly).

I painted the Citation white/blue, the 414 was in the paint shop when I bought it and it was white/blue so I wanted something besides white/blue.:rolleyes: it seems that most new paint jobs are white with either blue, red or black especially for the upper/ lower two-tones. I think airplane colors change like car colors, every few years something else is hot.

Since you are going through this process and I am thinking about it, does it make sense to do your interior first or do the exterior first if you are on a two stage budget? I plan on replacing the glass as well.

I would do the interior first, the glass can be done at the paint shop. The fastest way is to get it all done at once, paint and interior are both 4-6 week projects and if you combine them, it probably adds a week.:D

I would do the interior first, the glass can be done at the paint shop. The fastest way is to get it all done at once, paint and interior are both 4-6 week projects and if you combine them, it probably adds a week.:D

Thanks! After dropping a fair amount of change on an avionics upgrade, unfortunately I think it will be a two stage project or my wife will make a two stage project out of me (slice and dice) ;)

Thanks! After dropping a fair amount of change on an avionics upgrade, unfortunately I think it will be a two stage project or my wife will make a two stage project out of me (slice and dice) ;)

It is tough to spend it all at one time, easier to in stages.:D

It is tough to spend it all at one time, easier to in stages.:D

And she never wanted know why I was so eager to take over the financial responsibilities after we bought our plane. Shhhh.... Nobody say anything! :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

The thing I like about doing work in stages is that it spreads out the fun of having shiny new upgrades. Of course, it also depends on utilization of the plane, etc.

Limiting down time is usually the reason for doing both at the same time. Yank the seats, rugs and trim and send them out when it goes to the paint shop, start putting it back together while they're detailing out the sags, runs and orange-peel. Cost doesn't change, just the aggravation of two separate no-fly zones (on the calendar.)

Updated pics, all white now, stripes should be finished this week. Shooting for middle of next week to pick her up! :D
DSCN1015_zps9fe4881e.jpg

DSCN1015_zps9fe4881e.jpg

She looks shiny! :)

THANKS!! it's supposed to rain all weekend, so she'll get to the hangar tomorrow and stay until the sun is out again. ;)

That's a gorgeous paint job. Bet it looks even better in person!

Paint isn't cheap to do on these planes, but it does make a huge improvement.

Do you get all the parts back when the check clears?

PS: You must be running with the big dongs, as red appears to be the new 'in' color for the 400-series planes. Last month we had 7 in the shop of which 6 were red & white.

Last edited:
Nice new paint!! The discussion of the C on the tail prompted me to take a picture of this PC12 that just pulled in to the ramp in AUS. Looked familiar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 37
Nice new paint!! The discussion of the C on the tail prompted me to take a picture of this PC12 that just pulled in to the ramp in AUS. Looked familiar.

Interesting... Tail numbers are somewhat similar as well. Probably a story there...

Back