Drone Footage of Aeropuerto Internacional de la Ciudad de México

Pretty cool video. Wonder what the chances of the FAA allowing something like this would be... :goofy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMWeVvjXytE

I have lived in Mexico for a couple years and flew at several airports that had RC flying clubs sharing the runways with the full sized airports. Something that you rightly question if the FAA would allow in the US. Further, remember that the video you posted is from "Aeropuerto Internacional de la Ciudad de México" which is roughly equivalent to Reagan in DC! I'm kind of chuckling just imagining the look on the FAA dudes face if he was presented with a request to make a video like that a Reagan!

I have lived in Mexico for a couple years and flew at several airports that had RC flying clubs sharing the runways with the full sized airports. Something that you rightly question if the FAA would allow in the US. Further, remember that the video you posted is from "Aeropuerto Internacional de la Ciudad de México" which is roughly equivalent to Reagan in DC! I'm kind of chuckling just imagining the look on the FAA dudes face if he was presented with a request to make a video like that a Reagan!

I didn't realize that it was that big of an airport, though it did look relatively busy. I would expect someone to video that reaction if a request was ever made to the FAA along these lines just for the sheer amusement factor.

If you try to do that at Reagan National (DCA), the FAA would be the least of your problems.

Back