Drone collides with passenger jet over Quebec City

FlyingElvii

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
flyingElvii
This is going to kill someone, sooner or later.
The Minister calls for "Operators to follow regs". Do you really think a 12 yr. old looking for monetized YouTube hits cares about regs??

Canada’s transport minister called on drone operators to fly responsibly after one of the aerial vehicles struck a commercial flight above Quebec City on Thursday.

Transport Minister Marc Garneau said the incident occurred on Thursday when a Skyjet plane was struck by a drone as it approached the Jean Lesage airport.

In a statement, Garneau said it was the first time a drone has hit a commercial aircraft in Canada. The plane sustained minor damage and landed safely at the airport.

“I am extremely relieved that the aircraft only sustained minor damage and was able to land safely,” he said.

An airport spokesman said the plane was arriving from Rouyn-Noranda with eight people aboard when it was struck about three kilometres from the airport.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/drone-collides-with-passenger-jet-over-quebec-city-1.3633047

Last edited:
Or a turbine-powered RC model flying 471 mph. I'll try to post a link shortly.

Turbine drone guy probably isn't a 12 year old who's just just jacking around without any thought of the consequences. That drone cost a fair amount, so I assume the owner has enough assets to make him fly it very responsibly.

Back