Dr Bruce... A question about a friend.

ki4lzk

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Joshua Jones
Good Morning,

I have a friend that had a coarctation repair of the aorta when he was 7 months old. The FAA has issued him 5 1st Class medicals. Last December, well after the 60 day review period, he received a letter stating that they need more information from him about his Valve repair. He replied with a letter stating that would be impossible considering he never had that procedure done.

Here we are nearing the end of March his medical expires at the end of the month. His AME told him not to even bother trying to get another medical until this is resolved. Come the 1st of April my friend is without a job without a medical.

Do you have any suggestions on how to expedite this process?

Thanks

Josh

My friend is going to give him a phone call. Thank you sir for the information.

A pilot flying professionally needs to provide information on a surgery when he was 7 months old? WTF? Where is he supposed to get the information or even know who to contact? I think while we are at muzzling the FAA on Day VFR up to 6 seat drivers license medical eliminate substance abuse investigations more than 20 years old, and anything that occurred before you were 12. . .

A pilot flying professionally needs to provide information on a surgery when he was 7 months old? WTF? Where is he supposed to get the information or even know who to contact? I think while we are at muzzling the FAA on Day VFR up to 6 seat drivers license medical eliminate substance abuse investigations more than 20 years old, and anything that occurred before you were 12. . .
He shouldn't. It's no big deal to see if there is a residual problem from a coarctation repair without the old records.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back