DPE recommendations in Austin

RickC

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
RIckC
Hello

new guy here. About to schedule my checkride in Austin, have a couple recommendations for DPEs (from CFIs), but none from actual students who flew with them. Anyone here do a checkride recently in Austin or nearby? Looking for any feedback, good or bad.

Thanks in advance

Hello

new guy here. About to schedule my checkride in Austin, have a couple recommendations for DPEs (from CFIs), but none from actual students who flew with them. Anyone here do a checkride recently in Austin or nearby? Looking for any feedback, good or bad.

Thanks in advance

I took my ride in Burnet with Ken Wittekiend, he was very fair and informative.

If anyone in the DFW needs a recco, check into Dale Williamson and Lou Fournier. Both do a good job, and you'll come away with some awesome fresh wisdom that will aid in your flying career.

I second the recommendation for Mr. Ken in Burnet. But you'll have to get an endorsement from your CFI to fly out there if you're going solo (and if you're going for your PPL).
If you have and patience, you can also try Tristan in the Austin area. He lives around Bergstrom, IIRC. He too is fair and friendly. Used to fly Grand Caravans for FedEx cargo so he's got plenty of experience too. I took my IR checkride with him.
Which school are you in, btw?

Back