Download data of Skyguard?

tryitagain777

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Willis
Hi guys,

I have bought a 978mhz UAT/1090ES ADS-B Weather/Traffic Dual-Band Receiver. However, I didn't notice that there is no USB output.:mad2: Is there any possibility to download processed ACSII data into PC? or save data in Android phone first, then download data from Android phone?

Thanks for the help!

Ask Don over at Skyguard, he should be able to help you out. His email address is at the bottom of their website: http://skyguardtwx.com/ I would think that capturing the raw data with an Android or iOS app over WiFi would likely be pretty easy, as I believe you can have up to 10 devices connected to the Skyguard simultaneously. Alternatively you can probably connect a laptop to the Skyguard and use something like Wireshark to capture the packets. I'm not sure what you're looking to do, however, so that may not give you output you desire.

Last edited:
I was considering asking Skyguard/Don if he is willing to publish or make available on some reasonable terms the format and protocol of the application data that is being used. That way I could write my own client programs that access his device. I just recently bought one but haven't had much opportunity to play around with it.

His device appears to act as WiFi access point with a DHCP server and probably has a TCP/IP server program (although UDP is possible - haven't had a chance to look at a packet trace) that handles client requests from tablets or other WiFi devices.

Hi guys,

I have bought a 978mhz UAT/1090ES ADS-B Weather/Traffic Dual-Band Receiver. However, I didn't notice that there is no USB output.:mad2: Is there any possibility to download processed ACSII data into PC? or save data in Android phone first, then download data from Android phone?

Thanks for the help!

First post.............

Welcome to POA.....:cheers:

Ask Don over at Skyguard, he should be able to help you out. His email address is at the bottom of their website: http://skyguardtwx.com/ I would think that capturing the raw data with an Android or iOS app over WiFi would likely be pretty easy, as I believe you can have up to 10 devices connected to the Skyguard simultaneously. Alternatively you can probably connect a laptop to the Skyguard and use something like Wireshark to capture the packets. I'm not sure what you're looking to do, however, so that may not give you output you desire.
The greatest difficulty isn't going to be capturing or interpreting the data, it will be displaying it graphically.

Thanks for the reply you guys. I will ask Don over at Skyguard.

The greatest difficulty isn't going to be capturing or interpreting the data, it will be displaying it graphically.

Really !? So there is no text data? omg... :mad2:

Back