Double posting

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Lately, when I'm posting, fairly frequently after I click the "Submit Post" button I get sent straight to the page that says "This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 30 seconds."

However, the post actually DID post, which you can see by scrolling down on the "delay" page. I have noticed a fair number of double posts from others recently as well, so I've gotta think I'm not the only one.

Mac OS 10.6.5 and 10.6.6 (just upgraded a couple days ago), Safari 5.0.3 (might have been a different version under 10.6.5.)

I have had that happen to me the last week or so as well. I am running Mac OS 10.6.6 and Firefox 3.6.13
Well, obviously the solution is.....

Get a Linux box! (Was going to say Windows box, but even I couldn't go that far :))

But I'll say that I've noticed quite a few of these double posts too, but haven't had it occur to me. I'm generally running Windows here.

Ditto. Seems to be a Safari thing here. Not seeing it in Firefox, Chrome, or MSIE, but I'll grant that my usage is 90% Safari.

Ditto. Seems to be a Safari thing here. Not seeing it in Firefox, Chrome, or MSIE, but I'll grant that my usage is 90% Safari.

I don't think it's purely a browser issue, though, as the onset of the problem did not correspond with a change in my browser version.

I bet Jesse will be able to spend about three seconds in the web logs and find out whether we're actually hitting the server twice, or if it's somehow causing a redirect on the first hit.

Your Macs are just trying to prove once again that they're twice as good as our PCs

Used to happen to me all the time on my iPhone. Haven't seen it in a while now.

Sounds like an AJAX issue... I just disabled some AJAX features. We'll see if it makes a difference.

My guess is that it was happening on the quick replies.

Back