Doolittle Raiders

Seanaldinho

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Yerp
As some of you know this is the last time the Doolittle Raiders will be having a reunion. So today I took a 20 minute drive down to Eglin AFB and attended an autograph session with three of the four remaining Raiders (Lt. Col. Ed Saylor, Lt. Col. Dick Cole, and Staff Sergeant David Thatcher).

So a little history; the Doolittle raid was an attack on the Japanese homeland on April 18 1942. I was supposed to be born on the 18th (but got bored and came a day early) so my dad, being the aviation junkie he is, built a model B-25 (the plane they used). That B-25 has hung in my bedroom for the past 17 years. Today I took it with me and all three of them signed it. Pretty cool in my opinion.

Attachments

• B25.jpg
    B25.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
AWESOME!! Treasure that forever! :D:D

As some of you know this is the last time the Doolittle Raiders will be having a reunion. So today I took a 20 minute drive down to Eglin AFB and attended an autograph session with the three remaining Raiders (Lt. Col. Ed Saylor, Lt. Col. Dick Cole, and Staff Sergeant David Thatcher).

So a little history; the Doolittle raid was an attack on the Japanese homeland on April 18 1942. I was supposed to be born on the 18th (but got bored and came a day early) so my dad, being the aviation junkie he is, built a model B-25 (the plane they used). That B-25 has hung in my bedroom for the past 17 years. Today I took it with me and all three of them signed it. Pretty cool in my opinion.

As some of you know this is the last time the Doolittle Raiders will be having a reunion. So today I took a 20 minute drive down to Eglin AFB and attended an autograph session with the three remaining Raiders (Lt. Col. Ed Saylor, Lt. Col. Dick Cole, and Staff Sergeant David Thatcher).

Robert Hite?

Back