Donut Etiquette

People who do not take a whole donut should be taken out to the parking lot and shot. If you're concerned about calories, don't eat a damn donut.

I noticed that the graphics from my original post have not carried over when the forum changed. Oh well, people will have to just visualize cut donuts.

People who do not take a whole donut should be taken out to the parking lot and shot. If you're concerned about calories, don't eat a damn donut.

Uh oh! I'm guilty of this one, but I have a good excuse - I'm trying to watch my girlish figure! (says the 51 year old overweight balding guy)

We have a guy on our team who's started working remotely a couple days a week, but the day varies. So as a team, we've started appointing somebody different each week to bring in donuts one day, but the day varies. But it always coincides with the day the other guy is out. We make it a point to put the box of donuts in his empty cube, take a picture, and Slack it to him. He always gets a kick out of it (or is it that he threatens to kick us? I'm not quite sure...)

Does the donut etiquette apply to cinnamon rolls as well? My German coworkers almost always cut the homemade cinnamon rolls I bring in in half because they aren't as much into sweets but they don’t want me to feel bad by not having any.

Does the donut etiquette apply to cinnamon rolls as well? My German coworkers almost always cut the homemade cinnamon rolls I bring in in half because they aren't as much into sweets but they don’t want me to feel bad by not having any.

Yes, it applies to any single serve pastry.

Yes, it applies to any single serve pastry.

Cinnamon rolls are a borderline case as it is entirely acceptable to flake one into pieces and share them among friends or family members.

Cinnamon rolls are a borderline case as it is entirely acceptable to flake one into pieces and share them among friends or family members.

You are going to have to go with a jury trial on that one. This judge will find you guilty.

That looks like spaghetti to me. But pizza 'pie' is such an East coast thing. Nobody in Cali would associate pizza with pie. Like, nobody. Totally.

Yeah yeah. WTF does Cal know about pizza pie anyway. Fact for ya Sac. My Grammom came from Italy, and her "pizza" was called tomato pie. Not pizza, tomato pie. Totally dude! ;)

But every random Tom, Dick, and Harry that may use that pastry drawer/dish in a public setting is that close to you.

Public v private setting changes the context here.

Yeah yeah. WTF does Cal know about pizza pie anyway. Fact for ya Sac. My Grammom came from Italy, and her "pizza" was called tomato pie. Not pizza, tomato pie. Totally dude! ;)

Well let's see how this works:

1.JPG

As you can see, 'tomato pie' translates in to 'torta di pomodoro.' But... is it really... pie?

2.JPG

Hmm... me thinks not. Ha!

Yeah but Google search has no soul Sac! WTF do they know about it anyway.

If that donut still looks like that after 4 hours, contact the bakery.

Back