Dont you hate messy hangar neighbors?

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
When I was getting out of my truck tonight at the airport, I hear a loud ruckus nearby, and I just knew it was that new guy making a mess in the hangar next door again. I snapped a pic in an effort to try to get him to flock off. See pic:

Attachments

• Hangar tenant.JPG
    Hangar tenant.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 113
We had been watching his um pile grow, thank God it was not on the beautiful KingAir that parks there. This is really nasty. I used disretion and did not post a picture of it here.

When I was getting out of my truck tonight at the airport, I hear a loud ruckus nearby, and I just knew it was that new guy making a mess in the hangar next door again. I snapped a pic in an effort to try to get him to flock off. See pic:
Dave, it's a pretty bird, and it makes a neat noise. :) I love to hear them at night. Haunting song. Melancholic song. Poetic.

I love owls, and they prey on the critters than can really make a mess of your airplane...like mice and songbirds. (And I like songbirds.) The castings (aka the mess) will prove that out.

Get covers for the airplanes, and enjoy your free pest control.

We had been watching his um pile grow, thank God it was not on the beautiful KingAir that parks there. This is really nasty. I used disretion and did not post a picture of it here.

Actually, if he wants to live there, you want him living there. Mice and rats do way more damage. If you want to control the mess, stack some hay in the corner.

I love owls, and they prey on the critters than can really make a mess of your airplane...like mice and songbirds. (And I like songbirds.) The castings (aka the mess) will prove that out.

Get covers for the airplanes, and enjoy your free pest control.

We have a great horned owl that lives across the street. Sometimes at night he comes over and sits right outside my bedroom window. When I here him I get up and watch him. He is a beautiful creature. Once I was out for a walk and came home he was sitting right in the tree by my driveway. We just stared at each other for about 10 minutes. Then he took off and there was not a sound from his wings flapping. he keeps the chimpmunk and squirrel population in check on my property.

He's welcome in my hangar. I have 6 of them to keep the other ones away. Three of them can hoot.

It works.

He's welcome in my hangar. I have 6 of them to keep the other ones away. Three of them can hoot.

It works.

When I had the 150 and parked it in the open hangar, I put two Mr. Hoot Owls ( Eyes light up and they Hoot) in the rafters above. Everyone made fun of me until they had all the bird dropings on their planes and I had none. When I moved into the enclosed hangar, a couple other owners wanted to buy them to put above their planes.

When I had the 150 and parked it in the open hangar, I put two Mr. Hoot Owls ( Eyes light up and they Hoot) in the rafters above. Everyone made fun of me until they had all the bird dropings on their planes and I had none. When I moved into the enclosed hangar, a couple other owners wanted to buy them to put above their planes.

The only problem with Harold the Hoot Owl is the photoelectric motion sensor doesn't get triggered by birds, only by you and your hangar neighbors..and that only when the door is opened. When I realized how annoying it was I turned 'em off.

I have one owl made out rainbow stuff that's in a swooping down for dinner shape. I hung that on fishing line and it swings in the breeze.

A also had no new nests or crap this last summer.

What's the difference between an owl and a Spanish soldier?
A Spanish soldier can shoot but can't hit.
An owl can hoot and, also s***.

HR

Years ago I was up in a tree stand, bowhunting, when I watched a great-horned lock in on me. Headed straight towards me, and at the last second he zipped around me.

Really neat, really interesting.

Jim

Back