Don't know why, but it felt good

onwards

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
onwards
Took off the other day from CCR. Was a bit busy that evening with all sorts of aircraft of different sizes coming in or out. Anyway, as I'm sitting next in the runup and waiting patiently for my turn, I get a "no delay" clearance to take off, which I acknowledge immediately with "expediting" while doing so (I was rolling out as soon as I heard the "no delay", even before the controller finished the sentence).

Well, as I am climbing out with the little Skyhawk I suddenly get a very unusual "good job, thank you" from the controller. And somehow, somewhere, it made me feel happy.

Ever happen to you, or is everyone here so jaded this entire moment seems beyond silly?

On the day of my PPL checkride, I flew solo into BTR and the controller requested a short approach due to jet traffic, so I pulled it in tight and made a nice landing and he told me "nice job". Having this happen right before I took my checkride definitely took away some of the nerves.

The feeling you got, is the same reason I will tell a controller they did a great job if they did, we all are under this thankless umbrella, its nice to know your efforts made the difference and somebody noticed.

At SnF a few years ago I was in position for takeoff when I got a hand signal to go, but I heard a distress call from a departed plane. I pointed to my ear and shook my head "no" at the same time I heard the pink shirt say "RV in position clear runway" :eek: The pink shirt that gave me the hand signal was now waving me off onto the grass and I was complying in an "expidited manner". Then I was a plane coming in on my runway in the opposite direction. He was over the numbers. After he landed I was given the Attaboy and I departed. Never heard what the problem was. :dunno:

When you can help, and if you can safely comply, ATC is usually gratefull.

Took off the other day from CCR. Was a bit busy that evening with all sorts of aircraft of different sizes coming in or out. Anyway, as I'm sitting next in the runup and waiting patiently for my turn, I get a "no delay" clearance to take off, which I acknowledge immediately with "expediting" while doing so (I was rolling out as soon as I heard the "no delay", even before the controller finished the sentence).

Well, as I am climbing out with the little Skyhawk I suddenly get a very unusual "good job, thank you" from the controller. And somehow, somewhere, it made me feel happy.

Ever happen to you, or is everyone here so jaded this entire moment seems beyond silly?

It has, and it is a good feeling. Good job!

I suddenly get a very unusual "good job, thank you" from the controller. And somehow, somewhere, it made me feel happy.
Maybe it's silly, who knows. All I know is that if that were said to me, it would have made my day.

Good job. :yesnod:

Back